Return to Malapascua (trip report May 9-12, 2008)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nice write up pakman! And great photos!

LOL, HIRE ANOTHER COOK! That's exactly what I mourned about Sunsplash when I was there last year. The restaurant really took their sweet time to prepare the food, on average the food came in 1-2 hrs time. By the time the food comes, it's already time to go for the afternoon dive. The only reason for us to keep going there for meals is the food is good!

thanks for the nice trip report, pak. we're planning to go there june 5-7.

crepe machine?!!?! why are you known as a chef in the PPD facebook?! a crepe machine is a frying pan.. takes about 1 minute 30 secs to fry up a crepe...

I know, i lived in a french country :D

You can't pre-order your meals?
you think we're that organized?:mooner: now that I think about it, actually we did as I had part of the group go to the restaurant early to order lunch for the 3 of us that were leaving a day early... it still took them over 1hr... then another 15min when we told them we need them to go now that it took so long and we had a boat to catch...

crepe machine?!!?! why are you known as a chef in the PPD facebook?! a crepe machine is a frying pan.. takes about 1 minute 30 secs to fry up a crepe...

I know, i lived in a french country :D

exactly... It's just a fancy friggin frying pan...

you think we're that organized?:mooner: now that I think about it, actually we did as I had part of the group go to the restaurant early to order lunch for the 3 of us that were leaving a day early... it still took them over 1hr... then another 15min when we told them we need them to go now that it took so long and we had a boat to catch...
:D next time bring lots of cup noodles...and just ask for boiled/hot water in a thermos (container).....and learn some Visayan phrase.

My brother and I had the same problem having lunch or dinner at Sunsplash, over an hour wait time. Talking to the staff in bisaya didn't even help..

@pak, did you try 15 shots and still standing?

I didn't even try, most likely, I'll be wasted after the 5th shot:)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom