Review LOB Euphoria Raja Ampat

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Has anyone reported Euphoria to the authorities yet?

Yes it was reported to NGO that works in Raja Ampat. Last email had mentioned that it will be reported to Indonesian Ministry of Tourism in Jakarta to consider Euphoria operational license. Jakarta should know by now actually.

Re. forest wood and liveaboard boats, sincerely I have little knowledge about this - my apology. Is there any further information like the type of woods and how many cubic used for a LOB boat?

While using wood to build boats in Indonesia likely is done with little regard for the forest, to be fair, it is an infinitesimally tiny drop in the bucket compared to the the raping and burning of the jungle that has gone on for many, many more years than people have been building dive boats there. That may not make it right but changing the way people choose their dive boats won't save a forest.

This I found:
it took roughly 6,000 mature oaks (sitting on roughly 30-50 acres of land) to build one Royal Navy sailing vessel of the historical era (Item #743 on the list of Utterly Useless and Obscure Historical Trivia).
But probably it would be more accurate to ask one of the buiders of owners of a wooden vessel.
By the way, one bowl of shark fin soup eaten less, will not save all sharks, but still...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom