Review Roatan, infinity bay and diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I remember julie, dont remember sarah. I dont think she was there that day. Was a lot going on. Happens when your single LOL

How was mayan resort as opposed to infinity bay for comfort and affordability and pool etc.. I know the reef is in front of infinity bay so that was a bonus for swimming with goggles on between dives.
I don't really have the comparison because we never stayed at Infinity Bay. I think Mayan Princess is a little more expensive than IB, at least with the all-inclusive option, but still cheap if you book at the right time.

Mayan Princess has huge rooms, they're more like small 1-bedroom (or even 2-bedroom) apartments, just as advertised, complete with kitchen and living room. Most of the rooms are pool-view rooms, some look out over the restaurant, and then they have beachfront rooms for a premium price. Everything was clean, modern and in great shape. We didn't use the pool, but rather stayed on the beach, which unfortunately meant sandfly bites, something that Roatan seems to be famous for. They're raking the beach multiple times a day to keep them down, but it only helps so much. Plus there's mosquitoes in the evenings, even away from the beach, even in the room. They have an outdoor jacuzzi/hottub near the pool as well.

We went all-inclusive, the lunch and dinner buffets don't offer much variety because it's only a small place, but it was very tasty. Alcohol was included as well, again not much variety to choose from, but good enough. The cocktails and mixed drinks were generally very strong and they have good beer. They even come to the beach and serve you there. You get two ala carte dinners per week, one of which turned to be a colossal waste of time for us due to an incompetent waitress, but other people that we talked to had a very different experience with that. Not that I care much for those things, anyway. Everybody else was very nice, helpful and professional.

There's an adjacent beach club kinda thingie that you can use, on certain days they have entertainment and stuff going on there. Wifi isn't free, but from what I've seen while trying to circumvent their paywall, it wasn't much of a loss, it would have been horribly slow anyway. The room fridge was stocked only with soft drinks I think, plus some water bottles at the beginning of your stay. You can keep the bottles and refill them at the water coolers they have throughout the resort. Their ATM machine didn't take any of our cards, but there's a little "mall" with some stores a short and muddy walk away from the resort, we found a working ATM there.

Shore diving is a no-go as you can't get out very far before you hit the boat channel, not far enough to get to the reef. Plus with all the storms we've had, the water was milky that close to the shore and there was nothing to see.

also all the apartments have a huge covered terrace with nice patio furniture, ceiling fan and few geikos as pets :D
that comes very useful for laying out your gear, especially if you are on the top floor apartment

Either way, Anja runs a tight ship, was well organized and I had a good time diving with them. I just hope I get to see marys place and some other stuff next time im there. Lots to see still.

We're heading there on the 22nd of April Ted. Thanks for your review - I'll try & pen something as well upon my return.

I've offered up my aging, inert-gas soaked carcass for the memory experiment being run out of the West End that is detailed on another thread in this section.

I hope I remember to make the boat!

Best Fishes,
DSD

Reactions: Doc
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom