Review: Whites Fusion Drysuit - say goodbye to cave cut

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I can't think of any reason the Fusion would not work with a set of rings that mount in the dry suit wrist seal, as long as the sleeve in the suit is large enough in diameter to let you turn the sleeve inside out and install the ring from the "inside" like you would in any other dry suit.

Well DA, you'd be right, I have a set of Diving Concepts ring style gloves, and that's how we attached them, by turning the sleeve inside out.

I agree - but go to the ".../fusion/options" page on the whites site and click on "accessories" and read under "gloves" (site rules won't let me post urls).

snip - Sorry this post seems to have been delayed by the moderator - it would have made more sense in the sequence it was actually posted - snip...

Last edited:
Ok, I've been waiting for someone else to mention them before I said anything.

I have the first Fusion with a set of Factory installed glove rings. They're great!

They do make the suit a 'little' harder to pack, but it's the same as having aftermarket rings.

There is velcro at the base of the glove ring to allow for attaching the outer layer.

My tech instructor ordered a fusion a while back and had learned about my rings - she called them up and asked them to be installed - White's said they don't do that - they only did it once, and the guy she was talking to thought it was a special for the canadian military! (Apparently I've been drafted)

So I suppose they're sending more of them out now, given what was said earlier. Which is probably a good thing - I have't ad any trouble with my rings and have quite a few dives on the suit now. If you get the chance, get the suit with the factory rings, much more elegant and clean looking than aftermarket cuffs.

I can't think of any reason the Fusion would not work with a set of rings that mount in the dry suit wrist seal, as long as the sleeve in the suit is large enough in diameter to let you turn the sleeve inside out and install the ring from the "inside" like you would in any other dry suit.
DA, Is that a certain ring set your talking about? I know for the SI Tech you do not need to turn anything inside out. With the SI you can simply slip the ring in the seal, press the Dry Suit side of the ring over the seal, your done. Takes all of 30 secomds. I can take these on and off as the diving requires, I don't know that I would want to be stuck with permanent DS gloves. It's nice to have the option. Same with the gloves, I can adjust how tight I want the glove in literally seconds. If I am wearing a heavy glove under the DS glove I give a little more room, if it is a light weight one I tighten thme up.

Yes, you don't have to turn anything inside out to mount the Viking rings, either.

Glad to hear the SI tech rings work (they must, since I know people who use them). We ordered our Fusions last week!

Im considering this suit and thanks for the great review.

I love this suit. I just wrote an article about it for topsidediver.com. I love the versitility, and have worn it in cold and warm water.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom