Revolutionary type of fins?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

what about the navy study done proving that they were the most efficient fin created

I talked to some guys in the Navy's EDU, I was told the Navy doesn't test fins.

Walter:
I talked to some guys in the Navy's EDU, I was told the Navy doesn't test fins.

I thought the Navy uses Turtles. (?)

Navy divers are like us, they use what the individual diver likes. Personal preference. I saw lots of different fins being used by instructors at the Naval Diving & Salvage Training Center. I only saw Rockets on the students in the tank.

Walter:
Navy divers are like us, they use what the individual diver likes. Personal preference. I saw lots of different fins being used by instructors at the Naval Diving & Salvage Training Center. I only saw Rockets on the students in the tank.

Really? That's so wierd because this friend of mine was in boot camp for the Marines and although he was top of his group he got discharged just becuase he couldn't wear the same boots as everyone els. He has this huge scar on his calf and the boots were digging in. He asked if he could wear a lower cut boot and they said no and goodbye. It's interesting that the Navy would allow whatever kind of fins rather than unifomrity.

"If you have good technique, you won't like them."

Ahhh... Ignorance is bliss, isn't it? :wink: ... Some people believe that the common way is "good" while everything else is "bad"... I wear a size 15, and use only two fins with my Rock Boots - 3XL Pro Force Fins and Turtle Fins. Definitely two different types, but anyone with patience and an open mind can make them both work very effectively (hence the Navy study). And you don't need to "bicycle kick" to make Force Fins work correctl - they're very efficient with the modified flutter.

CRDiver:
"If you have good technique, you won't like them."

Ahhh... Ignorance is bliss, isn't it? :wink: ... Some people believe that the common way is "good" while everything else is "bad"... I wear a size 15, and use only two fins with my Rock Boots - 3XL Pro Force Fins and Turtle Fins. Definitely two different types, but anyone with patience and an open mind can make them both work very effectively (hence the Navy study). And you don't need to "bicycle kick" to make Force Fins work correctl - they're very efficient with the modified flutter.

Holly Cow! Size 15??? Why do even wear fins? Are Turtles tight on your feet?

"Holly Cow! Size 15??? Why do even wear fins? Are Turtles tight on your feet?"

The Turtles are a little tight - my boots won't quite fit all the way into the pocket, but I can make them work. I've seen some pics of the new XXL Jet Fins, and they would probably fit perfect since they're a tad bigger in the pocket. But the Pro Force Fins, once you become accustomed to them, are pretty effective. Some people try 'em once or twice, can't figure them out, and declare them useless. If you have patience, intelligence and ability, they work great.

"I talked to some guys in the Navy's EDU..."

Sounds really definitive and official to me. Thanks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom