RI day 3 Sunday Oct 6th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I95 south thru providence. Take exit 9 (Rt. 4 south), I believe that it is a left exit.

Continue on Rt. 4 south for approx. 10 miles (I've been told my mileage from mapquest is wrong... maybe KKMatt will jump in here)... anyways... keep going on Rt. 4 south... runs into Rt. 1 south.. shortly after take exit for Rt. 138 east toward Newport.

Take rt. 138 east approx 6 miles (again, mileage from mapquest). You'll cross the Jamestown bridge along the way. Take the Jamestown exit (last exit before toll bridge).

Keep going straight off the ramp and thru the center of Jamestown (a mile or so). After Jamestown (approx. .5 - 1 mile) take a left at the sign for Ft. Wetherill. 100 yds or so, enter the park on the right and take an immediate left. Another 100 yds or so to the parking lot. If you find yourself in a parking lot with faded lines, an old boat ramp on the left, and probably some divers, you're there.

If you have a cell phone, PM me and I'll give ya my number, just in case. We're gonna be there earlier than 11, but I'll try and be out of the water by 11 and turn my phone on.

I'll be there around 11 then and do two or three dives. Hopefully I'll be able to find someone to buddy with. :)

Do you know if shops will fill rental tanks that aren't their own?

KKMatt: I was thinking about heading out to where my flag was last seen :wink: , but don't know if the tides and waves will co-operate... High tide is just before 9am... low tide just before 3pm... I kind of like that area... I don't think too many people make it out that far :) We'll have to see... If it looks good, and we are still there... a 2:30-3:00 start would probably work out ok.

we will have to rent kayaks one day and check out some other spots.

Maybe I'll take the kayak out, if the weather is good. Otherwise I'll stay home, ho hum...;-0

Back
Top Bottom