RI Dive Season '23

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tkaelin

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
So ski season is a wrap and looking forward to another season diving. I see temps hitting 50 on the NOAA Newport buoy. Anyone been diving lately? Hope to get out as soon as it hits 55.

Been hitting the lakes in northern RI and NE CT. Started the last week of March in balmy 44 degree water. Dove last Friday and surface temps up to 56 degrees. Keeping busy teaching a bunch of public safety diving classes in next few weeks but plan on heading to the ocean toward the end of May.

I’m pretty close to getting in. The problem is there isn’t much to see this time of year, a few skates and some crabs that look miserable cold. I am heading to Ft Lauderdale in June for a week, so I doubt I’ll get serious until we get back.

This weekend got canceled because of well, mother nature.

Post a trip report on your week in FL. Heading down to Curacao in June.

Water temps up to 57 at the Newport buoy.

53 wetherell on Sunday at 20 feer

Thanks! Ft w always seems a couple degrees colder than the Newport buoy

What a crappy stretch of weather to plan a dive in RI. Been in my local lake twice but with gray skies and poor vis not much to talk about. Hoping for better weather and time to get to RI after the 4th.

Yup was going to for 3 days this week, checked the marine forecast and went nope.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom