RI Dive Season '23

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ft Wetherhill this weekend has South winds jamming all the seaweed into the cove. We were going to dive but thought better if it.
Do you know of a good place to dive Rhode Island when winds are from south? One with parking and easy entry for bad knees?

Maybe Newport?

I have kiddo so I just checked Sunday which is crap in general. And I just woke up to a cold

So looking at green bridge, Newport, this location also faces south, so south wind would blow in seaweed too.
I just don’t know if there are possible dive locations near Beacon Rock, or Some other north facing beach which access, even just to drop a dive buddy and gear and park elsewhere. Anyone? I may start a thread….
Driving to Gloucester or Portsmouth is ok, but water is colder!

Gloucester might be your best bet.

Fort Adams has a shitload of boat traffic this time of year. Kings is always hit or miss.

Town Neck Beach in Sandwich would work for you. You just need to get there early enough to not have to pay, and leave before they start collecting.

Town Neck Beach in Sandwich would work for you. You just need to get there early enough to not have to pay, and leave before they start collecting.

And the 3hrs of traffic getting to and off the cape on a weekend.

It is a nice site though and probably not blown out. I had forgotten about that.

Since my sister lives in Sandwich this is an excellent location for me to get to, but i have dive buddies in Rhode Island and none in Sandwich. I am going to start a separate thread for that location.

Squeezed in another dive at ft w this afternoon while the sun was out. Water temps still a toasty 68-72, vis 3-6’ but the wind out of the south made it surgy. Lack of sealife notable. Nothing other than connors and juve Black Sea bass. A couple small blackfish

I had planned on heading out tomorrow,..... the weather is looking like crap though and I have a cold to boot.

I don’t remember a stretch of weather like this and it is making it tough to plan. It was sunny all afternoon despite the forecast. Clouding up now. Humidity dropped through out the day which was nice.

Back
Top Bottom