RIP Quero

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ChickenFried....that was well said, thank you.

Bill

I am incredibly saddened to read this. We had become friends on ScubaBoard and then I got to dive and dine with her this summer. What a totally terrific woman...a huge loss to the diving community.

Wow. That is a sad and unpleasant shocker. My condolences go out to her friends and her family. From my few forum interactions with her, she was a resourceful and a caring voice of reason for the board.

I was just thinking about asking her for some dive recommendations in Thailand few days ago.

God speed. We lost a good one.

Last edited:
The words numbness and shock don't begin to convey what I am feeling.

So sad to say goodbye to a respected diver who had a positive impact on so many.

Marcia and I had more than a few exchanges privately. Some when she spanked me. Others when she praised me. And a few that were just exchanging ideas. We diasagreed on some things but that is to be expected. I was impressed with her writing. I also respected her efforts in getting some new ideas along with others incorporated into training and though not enough credit was given them officially we here knew what the driving force was and who they were.
What hits hard about this is that she is the second mod I have had similar interactions with to die. Big Jet Driver and I also clashed and through those clashes became friends and respected each other.
It was the same with Marcia. What stated out as confrontations became.debates that only helped deepen a personal.connection. As personal as one can have over the net. I will miss her. And our battles.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

Extraordinarily sad.

Condolences to family and friends.

Sent from my PC31600 using awfulcorrect.

Terrible. My condolences to her family, friends, and this community.

Very sad news. Condolences to her family and friends. A terrible loss for the community.
Any idea of what happened ?
The article mentioned by lowviz has confusing information.

I don't want to believe it. I keep hoping that she'll just post something and end it.

I never met her personally but I've known her for years online and saw her as a friend. My thoughts go out to her family. I wish them strength in this horrible time.

R..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom