Roatan - Halfmoon Bay Cabins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rleslie

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
My wife (non-diver) and I have stayed @ Seagrape (WE) and in an expensive condo @ West Bay. Of course, she likes West Bay because of the beach, but I like West End since it is close to good restaurants and good dive shops. I'm trying to find a compromise.

Can anyone tell me about Halfmoon Bay Cabins?
How does the beach at the cabins compare to West Bay?
Are there any other cabins directly on the water that are not $$$$$$ ?

Thanks
Roger

I just returned from Roatan yesterday. I stayed at a place called Posada Iris...Posada Arco Iris - Lodgings

$42.00 to $50.00 per night, very basic...great restaurant.. beach and close to all amenities, however depending on when you go, you may want AC and that was an additional 15 per night although I did not need it while I was there. The down side was, with all the windows open it was very noisy. Barking Dogs, Cat fights, gunfire at night ( locals way of having fun I suppose). With that said, that may be the norm anywhere in Westend. If your looking for value, there you go. It is very slow there now as they have been greatly affected by the U.S. economy. I had a girl tell me, she got a room at Pura Vida for $5.00 per night as long as she dived with them. Certainly some great deals to be had there. We had lot's of rain last week and it did affect the visibility but the diving was still pretty good. Hope that helps.

Bruce

Bruce, how did that gal swing that? I have been diving with Pura Vida before. Also, I think Arco Iris is pretty nice as well. Have stayed there several times.

I tried to cut a deal with Fantasy Island to get them to waive the single surcharge, but as soon as I said it was too expensive, they hung up.

Why not look into to staying at the Coconut Tree cabins and diving there as well? You can't beat the location! The staff! The owners! They guys have the corner market on location! Check them out.

Why not look into to staying at the Coconut Tree cabins and diving there as well? You can't beat the location! The staff! The owners! They guys have the corner market on location! Check them out.

They are high on the list.

Yep, dove with CTD last year and will be doing the same in March. We found a place called Lost Paradise Inn that looks very interesting. The reviews on Trip Advisor look good, so we may give them a try. I really need a great place for my wife to kick-back, read and be next to the water.

thanks

At this point, I am just trying to get a good deal. I am not one of those type A divers that dives Aggressor or nothing, and rates the trip by the quality of the macro shots taken. I know the owners of Pura Vida, Arco Iris and have had some contact with Coconut Tree as well. Anyone who has an idea, pleas post this evening, cause at 10:30 in the morning my flight takes off from Houston.

I used to stay at Arco Iris but they raised their rates past what I want to pay. Nice place though. This time I am staying at Roatan Georphi's Tropical Hideaway | Rudy's Restaurant | West End Roatan Honduras. I will be there for six weeks. They are nice people and their restaurant has amazing smoothies. Coconut Tree Divers is the way to go diving wise.

Back
Top Bottom