Roatan or Utilia? is there a difference?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm not a member of the "CoCo cult" but I agree with them all that CCV would be the best place for you and your friend to go. There is not a lot of shore diving done anywhere else on the island (not that there isn't some good shore dives, but none of the dive operations is really set up for this) and a large resort like CCV can make sure that you are placed with a group with a similar experience level so your friend will be comfortable. The downside to CCV is you are very isolated from the rest of the island- not a problem for many people, but it depends on your idea of a vacation. There is not a ton of night life on Roatan, but far less on Utila. However, if the party scene is a requirement you should probably forget the Bay Islands and go to Cozumel.
If I was only spending a week in the Bay Islands I wouldn't move from Utila to Roatan. While the dolphins, sharks and wrecks are all nice I wouldn't give up a whole dive day for them. However I would take a look at your travel plans- if you have to go to Roatan anyway (there really is no direct way to Utila- you have to go from Roatan or La Ceiba) then maybe you can work something out (or maybe take the ferry- I don't know the current schedule, but check you may be able to dive in the morning in Utila then go to Roatan- no giving up a dive day!) Good luck with whatever you decide.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom