Roatan Question...Yet Again

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

awap:
We did not stay at this place but caught the boat for a dive at Mary's Place from their dock. The place looked OK but the deck around the pool looked like a splinter factory. They were located well back in a "safe harbor" cove so no shore diving w/o some transportation. Careful messing with their spider monkey. He does not want to let you go and return to his tree.

http://www.subwaywatersports.com/Unterkuenfte/brick_bay_resort.htm

AWAP
How was subways dive op? Not to get off topic, but I saw a recent post that said they had lost some staff and were "very disorganized".
Chuck

I believe that Luna Beach and Palmtto Bay were the two resorts that Temptation Island used- both looked like beautiful pools. Luna Beach has a dive op and is just outside of West End, so your wife can walk around West End if she gets bored of the pool- also a trip to West Bay Beach is about $2 each way by water taxi if she wanted to mingle with hordes of sunburnt cruise ship passengers. There are a few places in Sandy Bay that have pools, but you'd probably want to stay nearer to West End, West Bay or at a dive resort. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions

H2Andy:
excellent stuff, everyone. thank you so much!

I stayed at Luna Beach Resort last August. The pool is nice, the grounds and rooms are nice. The restaurant was awful (though it's a short walk into town and there are good restaurants there). Also, the dive operation was not good. They overcharged me (and I had to argue when the final bill came), the guy who ran the place fired their best dive guide midweek, and then had his girlfriend (a newbie dive instructor and very poor dive guide) lead most of the dives.

I am going back to Roatan next month, staying at Pura Vida in the West End (don't need the pool for this trip), and diving with Sueno del Mar. I'd recommend if you stay at Luna Beach to dive with one of the other operations in the West End. They will pick you up at the Luna Beach dock.

H2Andy:
excellent stuff, everyone. thank you so much!

We are going to Roatan in May and staying at the Bay Island Beach Resort, they also have a pool. It is my understanding that it was just put in actually and it is suppose to be fresh water. My husband wanted to stay somewhere with a pool also. The other plus to this resort is that the Spooky Channel is behind the hotel for shore diving.

Hey Andy...while looking into things for my upcoming trip, I found this...don't know if you've seen it, but it might help...especially with the wife and her non-diving activities. I have the same arrangement with my esposa...I dive in the morning, clean up and then am subject to her whim's and priorities the remainder of the day. :censored:

http://www.roatanisland.net/tourist_tips.htm

Enjoy your trip, and I'm looking forward to the report.

Squashie

thanks again, everyone... awesome stuff here

right now, my wife and I are pushing the trip to Roatan back a few weeks, so
taht gives me even more time to look into all this stuff.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom