Roatan Recommendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you want something a bit more luxurious, but still reasonable, you should check into Media Luna Resort. It is on the south side of the island between CocoView and Reef House Resort. The price is all-inclusive and the on-site dive operator is Aqua Adventures. It's a gorgeous resort and the shore diving is phenomenal.

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/ba...qua-adventures-trip-report-01-24-02-04-a.html

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/bay-islands/502100-media-luna-aqua-adventures-dive-trip.html

Too bad AKR didn't have any rooms left with AC...I love that place.

I would not jump on anything without at least contacting Cocoveiw. There is a very good reason why they are so popular.

Las Rocas Resort (Las Rocas Resort & Dive Center). You'll be right next to the end of West Bay Beach. The prices are good. There is A/C in every room but ask for the rooms with the split A/C units. They are quieter.

I was unaware of this place. The website looks interesting. The dive package does not offer nearly as much diving as we are hoping to get in. Do you know if there is an option to add afternoon dives. Also, is there decent shore diving close by? Also, their dive operation seems to cater to non-resort guest which makes me wonder of their dive sites will be redundant?

Thanks for everyone's input.

There's really no shore diving in West Bay. Except #11 on this list: Scuba Shore Diving Site Listing for: Honduras, Roatan, Caribbean

If you're going to Roatan to shore dive, I'd suggest another destination. Of these^ only 1 is public - 10/12 are off private/resort owned property. The AI resorts typically aren't set up for walk-ins - Cocoview even mentions it on their website.

There's a better dive off Media Luna resort mentioned above not on this list - I think there's details on their dive operators website.

Additionally there's almost no where to rent tanks, most of the resorts won't let them off their property. I have heard Sueno Del Mar in the West End might but no one has ever confirmed it.

I was unaware of this place. The website looks interesting. The dive package does not offer nearly as much diving as we are hoping to get in. Do you know if there is an option to add afternoon dives. Also, is there decent shore diving close by? Also, their dive operation seems to cater to non-resort guest which makes me wonder of their dive sites will be redundant?

Thanks for everyone's input.

We have been diving a couple of times with Anemona Divers (Anemona Divers). They have a couple of good dive guides, but just down the walkway from Las Rocas. Be sure and eat at Bite-On-The-Beach (Bite on the Beach - Home), next door to Las Rocos, great folks, good food, great view!

Looking for maximum diving...Just want to eat, sleep and dive without putting a lot of thought into details or anything else for that matter. Budget minded but don't mind paying more if there is added value there.

Did not check on CoCoview. The trip objective we are looking for does not seem to justify the added cost....

..(Las Rocas)...looks interesting...The dive package does not offer nearly as much diving as we are hoping to get in. Do you know if there is an option to add afternoon dives. Also, is there decent shore diving close by?

Something doesn't quite mesh here.

Exactly how much diving were you "hoping to get in"?

Please be very specific. Two a day? Five? What?

Mathematics will tell. And that's what your quest has evolved into.... I think.

I agree, doc.. for Maximum diving, eat sleep dive... like he said in first post, the obvious answer is CocoView so I don't get why now he says it is too expensive. Confusing.

at Cocoview you have 24/7 diving.. dive as much as you want, all in the package price. This is right at your front door to your room:

CCV2013_topside392.jpg

[vimeo]69660393[/vimeo]

and

[vimeo]70004682[/vimeo]

if you want MAXIMUM diving... this is the place.

Something doesn't quite mesh here.

Exactly how much diving were you "hoping to get in"?

Please be very specific. Two a day? Five? What?

Mathematics will tell. And that's what your quest has evolved into.... I think.

Sorry. I don't mean to be confusing. It makes sense to me. One poster suggested Los Rocas, which I knew nothing about. They are offering a very cost attractive dive package, however, it only comes with 5 days of 2 tank boat dives. That is why I asked if there was an option to add additional boat dives or if shore diving was an option.

Yes, we are trying to get the most diving possibly, shooting for 4 per day. Most resorts offer 6 days of 3 tank diving, therefore, having a shore dive site as part of the resort would be desirable. Right now the best price options are AKR-however, they have no rooms with AC for the week we are going. The reefhouse has quoted me a pretty decent price. I am sure CoCoview would be wonderful but it is about $500 more per person. $500.00 will buy a lot of other options including a down payment on a future trip. Again, I don't need to be entertained or wowed by a beautiful resort. I would not mind paying the added cost if my wife was going but it is my brother, who is a newer diver and hoping to log a bunch of dive. Therefore, I want to be fed, sleep (with air conditioning) and dive. I hope that clarifies the question.

CocoView is about diving. Pure and simple. If you want maximum dives then it is a great choice.

If it is also about getting a newbie diver experience then it is also a great choice. My young daughters logged 17 dives in a week and they were taking it easy. You could easily push to 25 in a week with little effort.

it is not a five star resort, except for the dive operation which is incredible. Yes it is more expensive but it does fit your requirements.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom