Roatan Weather in June

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

depends on which week you are there :D I have been to Roatan mostly in the summer and a few times in the fall and there are tropical showers and rainstorms and hurricanes...it can rain a lot it is a tropical climate....I don't think it will rain June 27-July 4th that is when I am going to be there:wink: I have been there when it has rain all week and I have been there when it didn't....

I really have no Idea what the previous poster is talking about. Unless a tropical storm/hurricane is involved, which is not often, June is historically one of the driest months on Roatan. The occasional showers thunderstorms do not typically begin until July or August and even them are seldo day long affairs. The rainy season is generally considered late October through February.

I really have no Idea what the previous poster is talking about.

She's just talking from years of experience.

Lighten up, you're both right.

June is likely to be delightful. And... it might rain like in any Jungle (whoopsie... rain forest) environment.

Hello,
I am new to this forum, not new to Roatan. Your weather in June should be good unless as previously noted there is any tropical storm or worse to worry about. Historically, June is the third driest month with only April and May being drier.
With the same exceptions as previously noted I have never experienced rain all week long or even close to that for any time in June and with an avaerage monthly rainfall of just over 6 inches, including the occasional TS or Hurricane you can see that not many others have seen rain during that time either.
The Hurricanes can cause trouble and some have caused problems in recent years but the last time Roatan actually had a hurricane was 1998. The rest were tropical storms.
Now earthquakes...:D

Anyway, Hope this helps.

I know my post was not of any use....:blinking:it is like Doc and RTBDIVER said, but if it does rain while you are there don't come back and tell us we said it wouldn't rain ;-)....you pay your money you take your chances....:) life is good

RTBDIVER very nice house

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom