Roatan zip line death

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hanging from a suspect cable a killing distance above the ground is not "risk taking", it's sheer negligence. When you KNOW cable maintenance there is deficient it is frankly suicidal to trust your life to it.

I should add that I have been a free fall skydiving instructor, I've done a lot of abseiling/rapelling in the Army, I've been a ski racer, and I used to race motorcycles. Oh, and I'm a technical diving instructor who has dived here to below 400'. I am well used to risk taking. But this is just lunacy, born out of an inability to imagine what could happen.

Hi:
We will be doing the zip line while there, but have only found 2 zip line tours on line. Each quoted $75 per person. Where did you find them for $30? There will be 4 of us, so that will be quite a savings. Thank you so much,

We were staying at the ILR and booked through them. It may have been $35 but I know it was not any more than that. They came to the resort and picked us up and then they picked us up for the return trip but we had them make a detour to the West End and had them drop us there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom