Rocket Ascents... Can divers breach like a fish (split from Accident in Mich)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

serambin:
Actually, (we say that before we disagree :wink: ) weight does enter the calculations. As soon as the the lifting force exits the water, weight slows the assent. The lifting forces in this case is the BCD, so when the BCD leaves the water, gravity effects the mass of the diver and all their gear.

You restated my point, thank you, this is a matter of speaking to people, not you of course, but others who do not speak the same language. The original poster was attempting to speak the dread language of science, it seems as though only a pidgin form was learned.....

I realize what has happened here: we have discounted superstring theory! I believe the original poster was applying a unified field theory to something that may or may not have occurred, much like Schrodinger's Cat illustrates the uncertainty principle. If we apply the four fundamental forces to this scenario we may find that the strong force, which binds quarks into nucleons, actually gets weaker at higher energies, thus allowing a body to breach it's own length. Or if we actually apply the theory of special relativity we realize that we exist in four dimensions in space time and it is possible for the breaching body to have translocated spatially along the vertical axis prior to the horizontal inversion thus giving the appearance of the breach to an interested bystander who may or may not (remember the uncertainty principle) have observed what appeared to be a diver breach the surface of the water their own body length, after all, everything is relative...

its all about the shower of inverse tachyon particles which occur when the diver breaches the surface. this can be offset, of course, by re-routing the jeffries tubes in the dive boat and sending the power from the warp coils to the tractor beams in order to prevent the diver from breaching.

adurso:
much like Schrodinger's Cat...

meow.

lamont:
its all about the shower of inverse tachyon particles which occur when the diver breaches the surface. this can be offset, of course, by re-routing the jeffries tubes in the dive boat and sending the power from the warp coils to the tractor beams in order to prevent the diver from breaching.

Scotty?? LOL

We need to reverse the polarity on the deflector dish to reroute the tachyons along our inertial axis.

Maybe someone could clear up a question I have with a number of statements made in this post.

There have been a number of posts where the acceleration of the ascent is mentioned.
Why would we assume that any acceleration would occur after the first few meters?

I would think that if someone wanted to get to the surface so bad as to do the “Free Willy” maneuver, they would probably have maxed out the inflation on the BCD from the get go. That being the case, I would think that the volume of the BCD would not change from depth to the surface.

I would think that some terminal ascent rate would be reached relatively fast and it would just be a cruise to the surface. Where is the acceleration from?

What am I missing?

lamont:

meow.

I don't know what is more disturbing....what you said, or the fact that I understood what you said. :D

Aquanaut4ata:
If a diver that weighs 180 + pounds can breach the surface 7'....lets say that they have 100# or so of lift, then how far will a 100 pound lift bag fly out of the water, since it only weigs a couple of pounds???? must be at least 100 feet or so....maybe we should all start checking for hovering helicopters before we inflate a lift bag!

Well, weight has nothing to do with it. As you may have heard, Galileo ( did I spell that right?) , and later a hammer and a falcon feather on the moon showed that all objects fall at the same speed. The time needed to get a certain distance UP is the same time needed to FALL that same distance down.

qaStaH nuq? tachyon particles? jeffries tubes? majQa' Lamont.

:icon28:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom