Rocky Point

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ffbsm85

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I'm plannin a trip to Rocky Point for spring break and got some info on some dive sites and such from a post on the Arizona forum, but would just like to ask if anyone else has any tips. I'm considering renting gear in Phoenix and just doing some shore diving, but I'd really like to get out to Bird Island. Any suggestions on dive sites?? Anyone have any links or phone numbers to a place that'll take us out to bird island?? This will be out first certified dive(s) so nothing to difficult!! Also any info on water temps and such will be helpful as well!! Thanks!!

Lobo Divers in Rocky Point will take you out to Bird Island (or thus report some other folks on the board here). In close to shore, Rocky Point isn't so hot--it has a large tidal flow, so your water levels fluctuate a lot and the water gets mucky.

If you're going for the diving, head south a few more hours to San Carlos. The water is nicer. If you want to party for Spring Break, go to Rocky Point. Frankly, you probably won't be in any shape to be diving if you're partying the night before.

Anyone happen to have any contact info for Lobo Divers??

And yeah my plan is to dive the first day we're down there and then party the rest of the time!!

I'll 2nd Lobo Divers... what a wonderful experience.... super people...

The shore diving was interesting... did it in August about a year or so ago...

Take your sturdiest boots (not booties)... they don't call it Rocky Point for nuthing... we rented our gear down there from one of the local dive shops... tanks and weights... did 5 shore dives and 2 with Lobo Divers.

Have fun!

The link says that they sold their property and moved to hawaii!?!? Is there just a new owner or somethin?? And if so does anyone have a link or number for the current Lobo shop??

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom