Roll call: Any old NASDS divers out there?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NASDS instructor clinic back in 1970 located in Rhode Island..owsi 1026..then went to PADI in 1978,also SSI in the early 80's..now teach only PADI..

Yep.... 1971 certf. as a NASDS Skin Diver in Dallas,Texas!!

Never finished it back then, but that's the agency I started my scuba training back in 68-69. I couldn't remember it until you mentioned, but I remembered it wasn't PADI or NAUI.

the K

Yep, I was certified in 82. My card was breaking up so I had it encased in plastic to keep it together, you should see the look on the face of a shop owner/worker when they look at it and try to figure out if it's real, after all, who ever heard of NASDS and they want to know whats that black square on the right hand side of the card. It has been easier to show my Nitrox C-card (TDI), nobody asks questions when they see that card.
I've heard that you can get an SSI card for a fee if you send them your NASDS card, do you know if that is true?

I was NASDS certified in 2000. I must have been one of the last few.
My son got certified 4 years later through PADI, and I helped him with the bookwork and was on his certifying dives as an observer.
I felt that the NASDS training was a lot more thorough...

Caymaniac, here's a link to get your card replaced via SSI.

http://www.ssiusa.com/diver_lostcard.htm

Bill

Bill Fisher:
I was NASDS certified in 2000. I must have been one of the last few.

Caymaniac, here's a link to get your card replaced via SSI.

http://www.ssiusa.com/diver_lostcard.htm
SSI didn't absorb NASDS until April 02'.

I've heard that you can get an SSI card for a fee if you send them your NASDS card, do you know if that is true?
You don't have to send your old card in, they can look you up - as long as it's later than the NASDS fire of 1977 which destroyed records.

Wish I still had my old card but like yours it broke apart in my wallet one day.

I was NASDS certified in 1974 by Doug McNeese through The Dive Shop here in Memphis. I'm now AOW through SSI.

We've got one here is Charlotte that not only was a NASDS instructor, he still teaches SSI/NASDS/. Everything is based on SSI/NASDS. I wonder if he still pays his dues to NASDS.

Back
Top Bottom