Roll Call for all Mid-Atlantic Bottom Feeders

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cmalinowski:
EDIT: Oh yea, and every other week at aquarium. Nice weather there :)
Now see, that's something I'd like to try. I'm kind of surprised aquariums allow this because I know how difficult it is to keep a salt water tank "balanced." On top of that, how do they deal with cross-contamination possibly caused by dive gear?

I'm waiting on a dry suit right now so I can get in the water over the winter. I never dive more than a 5 MM wet anymore and that's just TOO cold for around here.

See 'ya around...

Drewski:
Hey Rad:

I dive LP 121 singles, HP 130 singles and LP 121s doubled. I'll be EAN certified by May. My stages are 80s. Lets go diving!

Sounds great Drewski, I have a set of LP121s I dive singles with A set of LP108s that are getting ready to double (already have a 300bar manifold & bands) just looking to dive the nitrox mix thats in them & a set of alum 100s that I bought already doubled. Usually dont do alum, but I got 1 sweet deal on them.
Joe knows me well & will vouch for my diving abilities.

Drewski:
cmalinowski:
Oh yea, and every other week at aquarium. Nice weather there
Now see, that's something I'd like to try.
You can try it here. The Virginia Aquarium never seems to have enough volunteer divers.
Drewski:
I'm kind of surprised aquariums allow this because I know how difficult it is to keep a salt water tank "balanced." On top of that, how do they deal with cross-contamination possibly caused by dive gear?
I have gear I only use for the Chesapeake Bay Aquarium. Most just rinse their gear and let it dry.

The Harbor Seal tank is outdoors and there is only one type of critter in there, so just letting the gear dry is enough.

Hi All
Southern Maryland here: I do alot of diving in the Patuxent River, Its mostly black water diving but in the its diving and i enjoy it. In the spring and fall/winter the vis is about 4 to 6 feet in the summer 4 to 6 inches

It looks like two HP 130's will be under the Christmas tree this year :) We dove under the Piankatank River Bridge (Middlesex County) this past weekend. Vis was about 10' and water temp was 49. It was a pretty cool dive, though shallow (15'), with a sand/shell bottom. Bridges are fun to dive under because you never know what you'll find. My buddy found an old bottle. The bridge is from the 40's and a ferry preceded it so there's a good chance of finding some interesting stuff. I grabbed some oysters for lunch as an added bonus.

...from the Shenandoah Valley. Mostly dive the lakes in WV, Rawlings, quarries & some Fl. Will be down at the VA coast this summer (NewPort News) for some classes. Wanting to try Va Beach dives.

Normally just "lurk" around here once in a while but thought I answer the Roll Call. I'm an instructor with Dive Connections in Charlottesville, VA. I do alot of diving in VA Beach and have worked as DM on a couple of boats there. Also try to get both down to NC and up to Ocean City whenever possible. Sunday is my dive day and most find me somewhere.
Last Sunday (12/10) I dove the Malchace and the Proteus out of Hatteras. 75 degrees top to bottom with better than 70ft vis. Headed out tonight for hopefully more of the same tomorrow.:D

Gordon Songer

Hey Gordon I wish I knew you were going, I have been trying to get wet all month long with no luck.
Oh this is Bobby, I have dove with you on Big Time several times.

Watchouttheyspit: let me know when you willl be up for the Va. Beach dive & I will try to hook up with you.

Hey Bobby,
I was pretty sure that was you. Sorry to hear about tomorrow being canceled. We sure don't get many days like this in December it would have been a great one to get out. I really hope the interest in VA Beach diving will pick back up, it sure has dropped off the past couple of years.

Gordon

Back
Top Bottom