Rolock 90

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was able to dive my Rolock 90s last weekend and it didn't go so well. When I had set up the system, I noticed the left side was extremely difficult to self don; so much so that if I would apply as much torque as I could generate the glove would then rotate in the blue ring. The right side was nice and easy to don and doff, just like in the videos. However, when I dove the Rolock 90s I still couldn't self don or doff the left side and the right side, being so easy to rotate, actually separated underwater. For dive 2, I moved the right suit side ring past the alignment point in the videos and that helped a little bit. However, the rings would still move during a dive. I think if I had tried a valve drill, the rotation my right hand would twist the rings apart. The left side doesn't move during diving, as they are extremely difficult to move no matter the amount of lubrication. So far not a real good experience with the Rolock 90s.

I had contacted support about the left side when I first set up the system. I said I would try out the system and report back. When reporting back with the right side being the bigger problem I was told they would replace the system. I am waiting on that as they seem to be on order so it might be a while. :( For a temporary fix, I am thinking of swapping the sides so the rotation of a valve drill would want to tighten the rings. Overall, I think it would be a good system if it just worked. However, I would love to see some sort of locking mechanism. Good thing I left full seals in place as it limited the water ingress.
Counter intuitive, less lube, make a fist and pull the hand back so it grabs the glove ring to turn them without pressure on the glove.

Counter intuitive, less lube, make a fist and pull the hand back so it grabs the glove ring to turn them without pressure on the glove.
I have tried everything and the left side is way too tight to rotate. The right side is the total opposite. I even swapped o-rings and still the same problems. Maybe I just got unlucky and received rings out of spec.

I have tried everything and the left side is way too tight to rotate. The right side is the total opposite. I even swapped o-rings and still the same problems. Maybe I just got unlucky and received rings out of spec.
Have you tried removing as much lube as you can ?

Yes, I washed everything to remove all the lube and redid everything but it didn't help.

I think we've had this conversation (and maybe you did get something our of spec) but there was a pretty long break in period for me. I never had any leaks / pop offs but I did question if I made the right choice for at least the 1st 8-10 dives.

Keep us in the loop... I'm thinking @Boarderguy got to them before they got to you and he tarnished the R90's good name.

Yes, I washed everything to remove all the lube and redid everything but it didn't help.
Try just wiping everything off and not re applying any lube.

I would be more concerned with the one that turns to easy. I have two sets and one set (the oldest) does turn easier than the newer ones but neither will unlock themselves.

They are going to replace them so that a good thing.

Try just wiping everything off and not re applying any lube.

I would be more concerned with the one that turns to easy. I have two sets and one set (the oldest) does turn easier than the newer ones but neither will unlock themselves.

They are going to replace them so that a good thing.
Yeah, prior to the dive I was so concerned with the left side being so tight but the right side is the bigger problem. It is great they are going to replace as I have tried it without lube, swapping O-rings, swapping glove side rings etc. I will update when I get the new set.

Yeah, prior to the dive I was so concerned with the left side being so tight but the right side is the bigger problem. It is great they are going to replace as I have tried it without lube, swapping O-rings, swapping glove side rings etc. I will update when I get the new set.
I’m hoping the replacements fix these issues, it’s a really good system unless it isn’t.

I’m hoping the replacements fix these issues, it’s a really good system unless it isn’t.

Just so we're all on the same page... it was definitely @Boarderguy fault...right?

:bash: :angrymob:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom