Ronda Cross Tank CO Test cause of Death

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

No doubt had there been a CO monitor on the compressor used to fill Rhonda Cross's tank her life would have been saved as well. Since so few compressors in the dive industry have a CO monitor installed it behooves the individual diver to carry a portable CO analyzer at all times.
I think you will agree on a couple of IFs there: If the CO monitor has an automatic cutoff, or an alarm that is adequately monitored by employees and the compressor shut off when it sounds. I don't trust anyone tho. I'm testing every tank, even as boring as it can seem when the first 20 are clean.

Perhaps I missed it, but can someone refresh what the findings on autopsy were? In particular, were the carboxy-Hb levels consistent with the concentration in the tank?

I am not aware of public info about an autopsy.

What really makes me angry is that the Op that filled these tanks did not care about what they did to the Diver that lost her life or the familys need to know what happened. What scares me more is the fact they filled another shops tanks with Co and did not even bother to tell the other shops owner that there was a problem with the air .Its a good thing that the owner of the other shop heard about the Death and Checked his tanks to find that there was over 1500ppms of Co in all his Tanks. Thank God there were no more Deaths.
As far as PADIs web site who knows why they dont post the Ops name on there list of expelled Ops. But what other reason would a shops name get removed from PADI just four months after paying for the whole years Dues.
Traun Lynch or Caboticket or what ever name your using this week to defend the Op. You joined this board just to protect your income.As you can see by your join date right after the accident.
I dont see anything wrong with letting the Diving public know that there is a problem somewhere because thanks to all the Info posted there are a lot more Divers that now know how to protect there life.

What really makes me angry is that the Op that filled these tanks did not care about what they did to the Diver that lost her life or the familys need to know what happened. What scares me more is the fact they filled another shops tanks with Co and did not even bother to tell the other shops owner that there was a problem with the air .Its a good thing that the owner of the other shop heard about the Death and Checked his tanks to find that there was over 1500ppms of Co in all his Tanks. Thank God there were no more Deaths.
As far as PADIs web site who knows why they dont post the Ops name on there list of expelled Ops. But what other reason would a shops name get removed from PADI just four months after paying for the whole years Dues.
Traun Lynch or Caboticket or what ever name your using this week to defend the Op. You joined this board just to protect your income.As you can see by your join date right after the accident.
I dont see anything wrong with letting the Diving public know that there is a problem somewhere because thanks to all the Info posted there are a lot more Divers that now know how to protect there life.

how do you know the operator didn't care?

as far as telling the family what happened, it is common practice for their lawyers to instruct them not to discuss the incident.

What proof have you given about the authenticity of some youtube video that anybody could make/put online? As I read it the tanks and equipment are sealed in in the custody of police. Who are you that you apparently have access to this sealed tank, are allowed to test it and put a video online, but no data whats however to proof any of your claims or who you are? As far as I can tell you are just some imposter with inferior motives until you show a bit more "proof" then a youtube video that everybody can put online in 5 min.

All the Information I have posted has come from
Rick Neal The PADI Investagator, Karin Boss PADI Quality Management, Interviews from the newspapers from Canada and Public Information from Cabo. The law says that all Information about any Case is Public Information and anyone who wants to can see it.
So really {as far as you can tell} dont mean that much.
Any Information can be made up so as far as proving it online in a simple post like this would really not be possable but this Information is real and I have only one motive to try and get the truth out so that this wont happen again.
I have checked with a legal counsel and everything I have posted is legal because its legal to post the truth.

we were wondering how long it would take this simple minded person, we actually have a pretty good idea who you are, obviously the jealous person about how much business sunshine is doing, its busier than ever.... And the person who did this test? Should we post the criminal history of this person?
This is a joke video, it shows a tank, any tank, my god, this is what you say is proof? Hahahahaha, so why has the investigation been officially closed? Why is it that sunshine has had no legal problems? I will tell you why, because sunshine has proven beyond the fact that they had nothing to do with this terrible accident. The authorities and padi have closed the case (which is why padi never suspended the shop or expelled the shop) the shop has been cleared, and thats that. So the "officiall" video is "rond's tank"? Yeah, looks pretty official.
Jealousy is a curse!

Should you Traun Lynch ??????????????????????????????????????????????????????? Go for, make my day! Anyways you have it coming down on you legally!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! See you in Court!

I'm starting to think this thread should require buying a ticket to read. :popcorn:

It's pretty easy to see here what each of the posters have accused each other of and what they have admitted to or accepted as agreed on information. Sunshine/CaboDetails seems to be stating that Carlos or someone from Baja Dives used their access to the tainted tanks to create and post the video since Carlos at Baja apparently appointed himself to test the tanks. johnZdiver seems to be stating that Sunshine filled Baja's tanks, some of which were used by the deceased. Baja was not informed of the bad air and upon hearing of the death (and presumably the sicknesses), tested the remaining tanks filled by Sunshine, took a video, and posted the results. That about seems to sum it up. Correct?

Back
Top Bottom