Ronda Cross Tank CO Test cause of Death

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

No thats not right.
No.1 only a Judge from the Court can appoint someone to do any checks on any case.
No. 2. It was not Tanks from Baja Dive or a trip from Baja Dive.
No. 3. Ronda And Roxann set up a trip through Jorge to go Diving on a private tour. Jorge fills his Tanks With Sunshine and thats what he stated on his statment to the Court in Cabo.Jorge has no connection to Baja Dive.
No.4. The other shop that had there tanks filled with 1500 ppms of Co. told Rick Neal the Investagator that PADI sent to Cabo that Sunshine filled there tanks with bad air also.
It's pretty easy to see here what each of the posters have accused each other of and what they have admitted to or accepted as agreed on information. Sunshine/CaboDetails seems to be stating that Carlos or someone from Baja Dives used their access to the tainted tanks to create and post the video since Carlos at Baja apparently appointed himself to test the tanks. johnZdiver seems to be stating that Sunshine filled Baja's tanks, some of which were used by the deceased. Baja was not informed of the bad air and upon hearing of the death (and presumably the sicknesses), tested the remaining tanks filled by Sunshine, took a video, and posted the results. That about seems to sum it up. Correct?

I just summarized what you guys said, I didn't say that everything each of you said was true. Here are the relevant parts of my post and some of each of yours:

Ayisha:
Sunshine/CaboDetails seems to be stating that Carlos or someone from Baja Dives used their access to the tainted tanks to create and post the video since Carlos at Baja apparently appointed himself to test the tanks.

...then yesterday, you show up again, 9 months after the accident, with a very bad, uneducated, and even illegal video (if the case is still open, you made yourself liable for defamation) showing the BAJA DIVE divemaster CARLOS BRETHERTON DIAZ de SANDI doing the official test on "a tank", as he was the self appointed representative to test the tanks
...so BAJA DIVE owner Devor Sherman, or dive master Carlos........ or whoever......
acting like you are, will not increase your business.

Ayisha:
johnZdiver seems to be stating that Sunshine filled Baja's tanks, some of which were used by the deceased. Baja was not informed of the bad air and upon hearing of the death (and presumably the sicknesses), tested the remaining tanks filled by Sunshine, took a video, and posted the results.

...What really makes me angry is that the Op that filled these tanks did not care about what they did to the Diver that lost her life or the familys need to know what happened. What scares me more is the fact they filled another shops tanks with Co and did not even bother to tell the other shops owner that there was a problem with the air .Its a good thing that the owner of the other shop heard about the Death and Checked his tanks to find that there was over 1500ppms of Co in all his Tanks. Thank God there were no more Deaths.
...Traun Lynch or Caboticket or what ever name your using this week to defend the Op.
You joined this board just to protect your income.As you can see by your join date right after the accident.

No thats not right.
No.1 only a Judge from the Court can appoint someone to do any checks on any case.
No. 2. It was not Tanks from Baja Dive or a trip from Baja Dive.
No. 3. Ronda And Roxann set up a trip through Jorge to go Diving on a private tour. Jorge fills his Tanks With Sunshine and thats what he stated on his statment to the Court in Cabo.Jorge has no connection to Baja Dive.
No.4. The other shop that had there tanks filled with 1500 ppms of Co. told Rick Neal the Investagator that PADI sent to Cabo that Sunshine filled there tanks with bad air also.

The only thing you two seem to not agree upon is whether Baja owned the tanks that were tested.

All the Information I have posted has come from
Rick Neal The PADI Investagator, Karin Boss PADI Quality Management, Interviews from the newspapers from Canada and Public Information from Cabo. The law says that all Information about any Case is Public Information and anyone who wants to can see it.
So really {as far as you can tell} dont mean that much.
Any Information can be made up so as far as proving it online in a simple post like this would really not be possable but this Information is real and I have only one motive to try and get the truth out so that this wont happen again.
I have checked with a legal counsel and everything I have posted is legal because its legal to post the truth.

I think you have been misinformed by your legal counsel, the truth is subjective and what you perceive to be the truth could still be construed as libel.

Hello, I would like to introduce myself, My name is Colin Cross, I am the widow of the Late Ronda Cross Killed in a diving accident in Cabo Mexico March 3 2012.

I have been silently sitting here reading your many posts, and comments, and i am grateful for all the silent friends I have made. I have not been able to speak out or make any comments until now. I have learned a lot from all of you, and will continue to learn from you.

I have two questions for all my dive friends out there, and by no means do i mean to ruffle any feathers, but here they are:

1. How many people trust PADI because they implement there partners to maintain quality air at their dive shops, and please tell me why you choose to dive with a PADI Dive shop?

2. who finds it troubling a big company Resort refers divers to a dive shop renting space from them and does not monitor them if they are practicing safe business practices.

Mr. Cross, I'm sorry for your loss. Thank you for posting here.

PADI removed itself from administering a quarterly air testing program a few years ago, which even by itself was never an assurance of quality air. Yes, many people did think that was an assurance of air that is safe and supports life. We are trying to get dive shops to use in-line compressors with automatic shut-offs as much as we can to ensure the quality of every tank of air.

Could you please fill us in now that you are able to talk about this? Thank you.

Hello Colin,
What an awful thing.
So far a Padi shops monitoring air it is certainly not done on a regular basis.

I would think it very hard for a resort to know much about Scuba safety

Brian

cabodetails:
Hello Colin, first of all let us pass our condolences, it was a tragic event.
I am not a official representative of any dive shop, but I believe I can sort some truth out. Officially the passing is down to drowning, unfortunately there is no official way to test air samples here. There just isn't the resources. As you know, Jorge was a independent operator, conquest divers. The general belief is that it was carbon monoxide, that was in the tanks. And that sunshine dive and charter filled the tanks, as per Jorge's remarks.
After a investigation from padi, and local authorities it was established that sunshine didn't fill the tanks. That's why padi didn't expel or suspend the shop. There is a shop owner here, Devor Sherman, he is the owner of baja dive and uses the name johnzdiver, he is the one who made this thread. He has had a constant effort to destroy the sunshine name, so he takes it on himself to put the sunshine name out there with this tragic event. He has zero knowledge of any evidence, he has a very long history of bad mouthing quiet a few of the local shops because he doesn't get business.
Obviously, if it was carbon monoxide, no one officially knows, but it is officially know and proven that sunshine didn't fill the tanks. I don't know if this answers your questions. I feel by telling you this in a message and not public, as it is a sensitive area.
Like I said, I have no official capacity, but if you have any questions just ask.

Thank you for your response, however, I have the evidence now, I have worked very hard this last year in collecting it thus why I have been so quiet. Yes the accident is ruled by drowning, and thats what the death certificate states, however, if someone holds your head under water until you die, the cause of death is drowning, but lets ask this, what caused the drowning? and yes I have the evidence, there are testing facilities in mexico, and I do have the results. and now justice will be served.

my goal is to never see this happen again to anyone, only true safety can be learned through knowledge.

PS Sunshine is expelled, I received the official letter a week ago, it is publicly posted on PADI's web site

---------- Post added March 7th, 2013 at 09:37 PM ----------

Mr. Cross, I'm sorry for your loss. Thank you for posting here.

PADI removed itself from administering a quarterly air testing program a few years ago, which even by itself was never an assurance of quality air. Yes, many people did think that was an assurance of air that is safe and supports life. We are trying to get dive shops to use in-line compressors with automatic shut-offs as much as we can to ensure the quality of every tank of air.

Could you please fill us in now that you are able to talk about this? Thank you.

I will get into it the more the case progresses, however the investigation is done, the results are astounding, and this should have never happened.
so now I ask as a community, as we all look out for one another, how do we stop this?

Colin, I am very sorry for your loss as well. To try to give you my answers: I don't trust Padi or any Op. Analox provides an affordable CO analyzer, it can even be rented for trips from GoPro Rental| Avalanche Safety Rental | PLB & EPIRB Rental, and I test every tank - refusing any over 10 ppm. DAN and the industry leaders have failed to warn the public of the risks, but we have the technology & knowledge now, so we are slowly making headway on obsolete thinking & mistakes.

Thank you, I have admired you posts sir, and respect your comments fair and without prejudice, I too now have a tester, and use it every time.
thank you again for your support.

Thank you, I have admired you posts sir, and respect your comments fair and without prejudice, I too now have a tester, and use it every time.
thank you again for your support.
I don't know that I could live up to that on a good day, but thanks. I'm just an old farmboy putting together wiser people's research & findings. Being a non-pro, I can raise hell without being accused of professional agendas.

Back
Top Bottom