Royal Lahina Vs.Napili Surf Beach Resort Vs.Ka'napali Beach Hotel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mabe a 5 min walk to the marina. What is great about it is its right on the beach, you can walk to everything in Lahina town. It's not the Ritz Carlton but the prices are not either. Im staying in Kahana next week and I will let you know how that is compared to Lahina Shores. You can get great deals on ebay on alot of the places if you start looking early. The place I am staying at next week was only $ 400.00 for 7 nights. It's a guys time share and he could not go so he got rid of it cheap.

Will do, If I ever top diving while Im there I can give you a update.

Lahaina Shores is very nice and close to everything in Lahaina Town, downside is the beach isn't the best.

Ka'anapali Beach Hotel is a nice place to stay almost next door to Whalers Village.

Royal Lahaina is on the north side of the Ka'anapali resort but it is where I would choose to stay. The resort is right at the beginning of Old Airport Beach. IMO the best beach on the westside, and the diving is good (or snorkeling). The reef at Old Airport Beach is real good, a lot of octopi and eels. Also I have seen eagle rays cruising.

There is a FREE trolley service that runs throughout the whole Ka'anapali Resort. So you can take it from one resort to another. It also stops at Whalers Village where you can pick up a FREE shuttle service that will take you into Lahaina Town (and pick you up naturally).

To haul your dive gear you might check with the concierge desk, they might have a courtesy shuttle that can get you to where you need to go.

What dates will you be in West Maui?
I'll staying at the Ka'anapali Beach club 7/17 - 7/24. I may be looking for a dive buddy for some West & South Maui shore dives.
I am in the process of getting certified now & plan on having several weekends of diving up here in the Pacific MW before I arrive in Maui.
There will be 3 divers in our group. 2 at my experience level, and one with 30+ years exp.

[h=2]Ka'anapali Beach Hotel is going to be the lowest priced hotel on Ka'anapali beach. It's a basic resort, not real fancy like the others but good for couples. Car is recommended on Maui. We got a car/breakfast package with KBH which basically meant we got breakfast for free vs. separate car rental. Whaler's Village is a quick walk from KBH just on the other side of the condos but will get old fast. Lahaina is only 5 minutes away by car. You can pick up a box breakfast at the front desk if you are too early for buffet. It's next to the Sheraton which means you could dive Black Rock without much trouble and there is a gear shack there on the beach. Watch out for snorkelers and rock jumpers. It's OK for diving but you'd still want to venture out some other places. Extended Horizons is a great operation in Lahaina but the boat leaves around 6:45AM. They normally only dive Lanai in the morning unless weather acts up. Boat diving on Maui isn't cheap either but if you're going to do several days a package rate will be a bit lower.[/h]

Boat diving on Maui is universally expensive. (Nearly twice the cost in Cozumel.) We have stayed at many places on Maui. One plan would be the Kaanapli Beach Hotel. Great location on the beach and walking distance to restaurants, shopping, and they usually have pretty good packages with car rentals. Dive a day or two with Extended Horizons' fast boat across to south Lanai to dive Cathedrals I and II. Then an early morning drive to Kihei (45 mins) and dive with Ed Robinson's Dive Adventures. There is pretty good shore diving from Black Rock close to the hotel. OTOH, you can stay in Kihei, where the dive ops are convenient, but the topside for non-divers is not as good as Kaanapali Beach.

What dates will you be in West Maui?
I'll staying at the Ka'anapali Beach club 7/17 - 7/24. I may be looking for a dive buddy for some West & South Maui shore dives.
I am in the process of getting certified now & plan on having several weekends of diving up here in the Pacific MW before I arrive in Maui.
There will be 3 divers in our group. 2 at my experience level, and one with 30+ years exp.
We will be there 7/6 through 7/15.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom