Rules for the Scuba board Fitness Challenge

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

frankenmuth_tom:
So I'm still hungry, and it's a LONG way to supper. I guess I had better have some more water.
One reccomendation... increase your protein in the AM. I find that if I have a higher protein intake in the AM that I can go through the day without being as hungry.

Since I am following a specific program I am also going to post the WW points value (It may help others who are on WW)
Today, a typical breakfast when I can, I had:
Four egg omlet (3 whites and 1 whole) with red pepper, onions, and mushrooms (3pts)
WW lof fat English Muffin toasted (1pt)
1 wedge of laughing cow low fat cheese (1pt)

A substitute when I am working I have a:
Lowfat or Fat free yougurt (2pts)
1 cup (or 1 serving) cereal-- usually honey nut cheerios or graoe nuts ohs (2pts)

For everyone else, a mutivitamin is a must. Also, there has been recent research that suggests increasing your dairy to 2-3 servings a day is reccommended. Yogurt is also beleived to have an added benefit for increasing weight loss. I usually have at least 3-4 servings of yogurt a week.

Snacks that I reccommend that are low fat or fat fee:

Microwave popcorn (1-2pts per bag depending on the band)
Baked tortilla chips (2pts for 20 chips)
Salsa (0 pts)
Special K cereal bars (2pts)
Slim fast snack options (2-3pts)
Slim Fast Fudge pops (2pts) also delicious :wink:
Fat Free Pudding made with Fate Free Milk (2pts per cup)
Fat Free Pudding made with 1% Milk (3pts per cup)
Stella Dora Breakfast Toasts (1-2 pts each)
Almond, Anissette, Cinnamon Raison, Bluberry (1pt)
Chocolate or Regular Breakfast Treats (2pts)
Sliced Cucmbers with Ponzo Dressing (0pts)
Ponzo (usually found in the asian section of you food market or in asian specialty stores. It is the dressing that is served with Peppered Tuna or Cucumber and Crab salad in Sushi restraunts)
Reduced Fat Sour cream with hidden valley Ranch Dressing Packet to make a DIp for Vegies (1-2pts for 2 Tbs)
3 Hardboiled Egg Whites with salt and Pepper, salsa, taco sauce (whatever) 1pt
I will try to post a couple of recipies that have helped me out if I can convert them to a WOrd Document.

Good Luck all. More Later.

-Joe

I have a journal and what I am doing is writing out my daily plan on a day by day method. I am using my WW flex points and keeping track on these pages. Example: Monday, 4-05-04, Target points:24 Break down for each meal: Breakfast 5pts, Lunch 6pts and Dinner 7pts. snacks4 pts.
Breakfast: Kellogs Red Berries cereal, 3/4 c. Fat Free milk and black coffee
Lunch: WW Smart Ones frozen dinner, Sugar Free jello snack cup.
Dinner: Grilled Chicken, 1/2 cup rice, steamed vegetables, salad, Basalmic Vinegarette. Fruit w/lite cool whip.
Snack: trail mix(peanuts, raisins, sunflower seeds and mini choc chips = 2points.
baby carrots with salsa.

Water: Eight 1.9oz bottles. I write them down as I drink them, I refill the same bottle as soon as I empty it. So far today I have had four. Doing pretty good.

Exercise: 30 minutes of Cardio and strength interval training, 15 minutes of stretching and limbering exercises.

I feel that I am off to a good start today. Since I am off work today that has made it easier, tommorrow may be a different story.

Hope everyone sticks to it. I know we can really make it if we work on this together.

Plan My day and make the plan my day. My new motto. See you later.

This is Great!! I lost 45 pounds about 3 yrs ago and about 20 has creeped back on. When I lost the weight I ate about anything I wanted BUT only 1/2 the portion. And walked and walked and walked.

Breakfast is a problem for me - I don't care for cereal - I'm going to start fixing some eggs and fruit - Lunch will be salad or Smart One meal and dinner another salad and baked/grilled chicken. Eat to Live not Live to eat.

Exercise is my key I think. I walked 1 mile this morning - going to the gym at noon (it's about 30 miles from home - just gotta love living in rural Kansas) and hope to do 1 mile this evening.

Can't wait to continue to read others advice and suggestions.

Becky

njrn2:
I will try to post a couple of recipies that have helped me out if I can convert them to a WOrd Document.

-Joe
Here are a couple of recipies. ScuabBaby already admitted one of her weaknesses, I have to agree-- Chocolate. The Brownie Muffins have definitely helped me with those cravings. The shrimp recipe and the chili recipe I wound up creating.

Additionally, you can also use scallops instead of the shrimp -- same points value.

Hope this helps.

-Joe

Joe, those sound wonderful and I will be adding those to my favorites now. I too have a problem with chocolate. My other weakness is ice cream. Make it chocolate and I really am in trouble.

seaangel:
Joe, those sound wonderful and I will be adding those to my favorites now. I too have a problem with chocolate. My other weakness is ice cream. Make it chocolate and I really am in trouble.
Hint.... 1/2 cup vanilla frozen yogurt, one chocolate muffin, 1 to 2 tsp of baking cocoa powder (a little bitter) add a little low fat whipped topping..... stir and eat. :eyebrow:

Also, Nestle makes a Hot Chocolate with marshmellows (Big can) that is 2 ww points for a large cup. Add marshmellows and it is 4pts.

Fat free pudding as already suggested mixed with lite whipped topping takes on a mouse-esce flavor.

In case you couldn't tell, the worst time for me is after dinner when I want MY SNACKS!!!!!!!
:eat :hb2:

-Joe
And yet with these games I play I still lose weight :wink:

Breakfast - Strawberry Cheerios & skim Milk, 1/2 glass OJ
10:00- granola bar
Lunch- Power bar, ate it while walking
3:00 - banana

Dinner will be just regular food, meat & vegetables, proper sized servings & NO seconds.

Should wind up at about 1600 calories for today. The granola + power bar was a little too much together.

I will walk for 1 hour tonight.

Julie

Arghhh.......this is going to be hard! I can already tell!

I don't like healthy food - the only fruit I really like is Strawberries! I could eat them every day - but about a month ago I came up in a HORRID rash and the doctor said I was allergic! How am I going to eat healthy if the 1 healthy food I like is off the menu!!!

Todays Journal :

Slipped already - honestly I completely forgot.
I haven't had chocolate though - or crisps or any kind of sweets. No hot chocolate or anything like that - normally I'd have had at least 2 bars of chocolate (or easter egg! - bad time to give up chocolate huh!), at least 1 bag of crisps and hot chocolate like it was going out of fashion. HOWEVER - I did have cheese nacho's for dinner!

Exercise wise - walked around the house doing housework and about 6 feet from my car to the video store. Built up a sweat doing vacuuming and exercised my lungs when I saw the bill from the glazier to replace of pane of glass I smashed to get back into my house!

Well - I've had a productive day!! Hope everyone else has done better. I promise I'll try harder tomorrow. May even walk (if its not raining!)

Don't worry about slipping, just plan for tommorrow and do your best.

How about a coat so you can walk in the rain? (probably rains there all the time right?)

bridgediver:
Don't worry about slipping, just plan for tommorrow and do your best.

How about a coat so you can walk in the rain? (probably rains there all the time right?)
You'd be very surprised. Orlando is the wettest place i have ever lived, its has about twice as much rain as the average annual in the UK - but it all comes down in about 2 hours per day for about 5/6 months thru the summer. And i thougth that FL was supposed to be sunny and dry - its humid as a greenhouse after watering!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom