Rules for the Scuba board Fitness Challenge

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ok... Today is the day right? Well I did my 1 1/2 mile walk this morning...normally I would of slept in cause I dived yesterday, but BECAUSE OF THIS THREAD I dragged my sorry butt outa bed...then I did some leg stretches, and tried to do some sit ups. Actually I laid on my back, knees bent and grunted some...LOL What the heck happened? Just 10 years ago I could do 5! LOL.
I will weigh myself on Tuesdays.
My diet plan is to eat less of everything, and more greens, trying to keep away from too much processed foods. And water. Lots of water....

Started okay, glass of milk and coffee for breakfast, weight workout, lunch as a second breakfast after workout, forgot lunch. Salad and fruit for dinner.

Just think, if I lose 3 pounds a week, in 2 years I won't weigh anything!

best to all --tom--

OK. I had a so so day.

First off Joe njrn2.. love the points along with the foods. Thx! I must find that ponzo I love cucumber Thai salads.

Well, breakfast and lunch went well. Took a short walk before lunch.
Rode my bike 6 miles before dinner in 30 minutes. Looking good so far.
Dinner.
I had the 96/4 ground beef and David wanted meatloaf.
I cut the loaf in thirds and I had a third, David did too, and Jesse. Probably too big of a portion, but hey I do like my meatloaf! ( One of the few things I make well)

I had some low fat scallop potato thing (2.5 grams of fat per serving) with it, and asparagus. I skipped the Texas Toast.. not even a bite, even though I love the buttery stuff.
Dessert was a skinny cow ice cream 130 cals.

So, not too bad, but not great.

Well I did good today. I didn't eat as much, and I did a 1 1/4 mile walk after dinner.

It's going to take me a few days to get my eating patterns the way I want. I tried a program early last year that had great results for me, but it'll take me a few days to put it together.

I'm so looking forward to all of us acheiving our goals.

Ugh, not a good day to start... I've been down with a cold this weekend, so had no food in the house, so had fast food for lunch today (and let's just say it wasn't one of the healthier choices, either). The cold is also making me exhausted, so not really motivated to exercise. Here's hoping I feel healthier tomorrow!

Managed OK today! walked a mile on the treadmill first thing :walksmil: , kept my intake reasonable all day ... no snacks ,even passed on the big bowl of easter eggs at the office :clapping: .

I am in such lousy shape that my legs get tired even walking a mile, the muscles get all tight when I walk. What does everyone else do to stretch or loosen up before excersize ... I think that may be part of the problem.

Eric

I did nothing today, and ate alot of food...

This diet is great. Yes, I know, I am a bum. I took a look at the South Beach diet book at the store today, and realized that I could NEVER stick with that for a week, nevermind forever...
So, I am thinking of trying something more traditional. Cut calories, and more exercise. So, I walked down my driveway today... Woohoo...

BTW, I am also extremely depressed, because I got on the scale for the first time in a while. Lets just say, that I would like to lose 50# now...

started out today and walked 20 mins to work. had my usual 'breakfast' of a double nonfat latte. for lunch had a bowl of pho.

went out after work to a coffee+donuts shop (uh oh!) and had a single decaf latte while watching a friend of mine eat a chocolate bar and a donut while drinking hot chocolate. skinny ******* too. life isn't fair.

came home late at 9pm and had some grilled chicken and a banana+strawberry smoothie.

not too horrible, but not a lot of veggies and a few too many carbs.

weighed myself -- 205# tonight.

I know it is still early this morning but I have already missed my opportunity to do my exercise. If I am going to get it done I have to by 5:30am before work. My body is still on the EST not daylight time I just could not get up at 5, it felt like 4 to me.

I will try to give this another try though if I get off work early I will go for my 2 mile walk at the track. That should be good.

I am planning a good start today with my breakfast, and will be eating a salad at work. I will report back tonight.

LUBOLD8431:
I did nothing today, and ate alot of food...

This diet is great. Yes, I know, I am a bum. I took a look at the South Beach diet book at the store today, and realized that I could NEVER stick with that for a week, nevermind forever...
So, I am thinking of trying something more traditional. Cut calories, and more exercise. So, I walked down my driveway today... Woohoo...

BTW, I am also extremely depressed, because I got on the scale for the first time in a while. Lets just say, that I would like to lose 50# now...

LUBOLD-

Don't get down on yourself. If you just cut down on calories like you mentioned it really helps. Thats what I do. It doesn't have to be anything fancy. And the exercise doesn't have to be anything spectaclular either. Yes, cardio workout is great and all, but many people will tell you that they lost and just walked alot. Just start with small changes!

Julie

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom