Rumor of airplane in John's Pond Mashpee

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I discussed this yesterday with the most experienced diver that I know in the area. He personally knows guys that have searched the entire pond with sidescan sonar. They are convinced that the pond has no plane in it. I'll keep asking around though. I know some older guys who did time on that base that might have heard something. But even those guys time was 25-30 years after this.

Thanks thanks good info. Last night I pulled 3 news accounts from the day after with photos of rescuer. Plane was mid way in pond doing 125 mph sank with tail last to go roughly .25 miles from east shore at Cuyaga Ave. 2 officers took jeep and swam but Godleski rowed a leaky boat and told them to go back. Smith in a jet buzzed godleski camp home 5 times to get his attention. I can send 49 pages research and plan to take a kayak and mask there today. The problem is if the plane was salvaged since. That I don’t know - I have no evidence it was nor do experts. But your contacts suggest it may have been. Thoughts? To me ideally i would be towed behind a small motorboat slowly on a sunny day. Thanks!

Thanks thanks good info. Last night I pulled 3 news accounts from the day after with photos of rescuer. Plane was mid way in pond doing 125 mph sank with tail last to go roughly .25 miles from east shore at Cuyaga Ave. 2 officers took jeep and swam but Godleski rowed a leaky boat and told them to go back. Smith in a jet buzzed godleski camp home 5 times to get his attention. I can send 49 pages research and plan to take a kayak and mask there today. The problem is if the plane was salvaged since. That I don’t know - I have no evidence it was nor do experts. But your contacts suggest it may have been. Thoughts? To me ideally i would be towed behind a small motorboat slowly on a sunny day. Thanks!
Found it.

Attachments

• 71528799523__114B3732-A9C7-4711-9E17-642F54D2C5EA.jpeg
    71528799523__114B3732-A9C7-4711-9E17-642F54D2C5EA.jpeg
    158.8 KB · Views: 54
How deep? How was the visibility? I'd love to dive it!

Center of pond about 15’ some will be under sand and in deeper water. Engine must
Be there…. Happy hunting! Cape cod news running a sorry and Dave and Diane and Travis and Clive all helped out!

Center of pond about 15’ some will be under sand and in deeper water. Engine must
Be there…. Happy hunting! Cape cod news running a sorry and Dave and Diane and Travis and Clive all helped out!
Word spreads fast. A guy from work just texted me about this.

Congratulations on the find

Congratulations on the find
Thank you sir! I’m stubborn as an ox - not always skilled or smartest but love finding stuff! I really hope those of you with a long association with the lake and pond find more items and treasure and share them! I’ll be working on Graves Lighthouse off Boston so happy hunting and enjoy! I can’t wait to learn more. At the appropriate time of course I’ll hand over the artefact after taking photos and looking for serials. You and this board have helped a lot! Let’s find more 😀

Back
Top Bottom