RX-100 Patima Housing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

For now, I drilled an extra hole in my old one arm tray and now I can attach the Patima housing with 2 screws. I only use the 2nd arm for a light when I do a night dive - so this will work for me.

I asked my dealer to find out about Patima trays and brackets, it looks like they have arms that attach directly to camera without the use of a tray ( The arm looks like a 'L' ).

Very nice photos. Can I ask, how did you focus ?

I attached my no-name +4 to my housing, but I can't focus on anything. Either with automatic or manual.

i used single point auto focus...

first i tried with one Inon, able to use 1.2 zoom in only..

then my friend lend me his subsee + 5 and i stacked them, the camera could zoom up to 3.6X!!!!!

i am not sure what macro lens you have, is it one piece of glass only? normal macro lens have 2 piece of glass...

Khun - focusing with the wet diopter should be easy. Remember to zoom in, and that you must be close to the subject to focus, the focus range is very narrow. And the most important advice - practice on land first. Hope this helps - Scott

The RX100 is an interesting camera when it comes to using diopters
I have inon diopters and I found that the camera would focus only at a specific focus distance regardless of zoom so once you work that out (it is somewhere close to the declared 165mm) you can zoom in to the max
To work out the distance you can use manual focus and peaking
You should be able then to zoom to 3.7 with one or two diopters
Obviously the focus distance will be shorter with two and give more magnification

Thanks, that was the problem I wasn't close enough. I needed to be in the 165mm range like you mentioned. Once I tried that I was able to use auto focusing modes, didn't need to go to manual focus (which is difficult to use with the Patima housing). Tomorrow I will try in the pool.

The RX100 is an interesting camera when it comes to using diopters
I have inon diopters and I found that the camera would focus only at a specific focus distance regardless of zoom so once you work that out (it is somewhere close to the declared 165mm) you can zoom in to the max
To work out the distance you can use manual focus and peaking
You should be able then to zoom to 3.7 with one or two diopters
Obviously the focus distance will be shorter with two and give more magnification

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom