RX100 mk2 lens options with flip diopter

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am not sure which post you refer to. The UCL100 achieves real macro with the RX100 however the working distance is a bit too close for most situation. It is a great lens but would not get it on its own. My first close up lens investment for the RX100 would be a +6 diopter like the Inon UCL165

I must've misinterpreted that post:
Underwater Video Tips: Inon UCL100 Analysis | Interceptor121 Underwater Photo & Video Blog

After more careful reading.... yes, the UCL100 focus distance can be 200mm or 300mm, but only if zoomed at 28-35mm, which defeats the whole purpose I suppose.

Considering all the dof and min/max focus distance issues, I'll take your advice and go with the UCL165 to start. Its ability to fill the frame with 4cm nudi, 165mm focus distance, and option to stack further close-up lens should do the trick nicely.

Just out of curiosity, what are your thoughts on Nauticam SMC? I assumed it was for DSLR setups but Nauticam says it is "compatible" with RX100/ii. How "compatible" or "practical" would it be?

As usual, thanks for all your support and advice!

It is very hard to focus with two UCL165 that I have not even tried the stacked UCL100 and UCL165 with the Sony. Hence I have never looked into the nauticam SMC. I guess all pictures will be some sort of bokeh

Sounds like I'm sticking to one ucl 165. Thanks!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom