S100 w/Blue Water WA110 (Epoque DCL30)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks, guys...all photos are with the WA110...I think you can't see the vignetting because the corners on that particular photo are already dark so it may not be that easy to see on everyone's screen

Troy- thanks for posting the photos. The lens is really nice, and in my testing is sharp and makes an excellent choice with the S95, S100, and LX5 in all housings. - Scott

I've been quite happy with my Canon S100 in a RecSea housing, and am now looking at adding wet lenses, both for wide angle and macro. I am a bit bewildered by the choices for both.

For Wide angle, would you recommend the WA-110, or the Dyron Fisheye 16 mm? I think there is also an Inon option as well.

For macro, any recommendations? The RecSea 2-diopter flip? The Subsea? Any others?

I would be most interested in hearing from people who actually have tried these lenses with the S100. How much can these add-on lenses add to the WA and macro performance of the S100? I don't want to spend $400 unless there is a significant improvement in performance. Also, ease of use? I guess bayonnnet mount is best for ease of mounting and removal underwater...

i have used the UWLH100 M67 with the XZ1 and thought it was good but i didn't see a clearcut advantage for either that or the WA110. i do think the IQ on the S100 with WA110 is much better than with the XZ-1 w/ the WA110 or UWLH100. i have only used inon close up lenses and they have always been very good...

edit: you will see significant improvement on WA with the WA110 and UWLH100...my preference is the WA110.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom