Sabang water conditions?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The coral triangle rocks. unbelievable biodiversity compared to anywhere else I've been. Sabang is so cool because most of the dive spots are within 5-10 min boat ride. Water is a little cool still so I'd recommend full 3-5mil wetsuit. The first dive was a little hairy at the canyons because the current was ridiculous but the second dive was right off the beach between sabang and big la laguna beach and it was fantastic.

As far as the cost of a nice dinner in town and I'm guessing because we haven't gone that route but judging from all the other prices I've seen it would be comparable to the U.S prices. We are going the cheap route by barbqueing on the patio and buy food from the markets

Just got back from there a few days ago - water was 26C - no problem with cold & just using a 1mm wetsuit. Verde was great again as usual.

Jamescjy - Highly recommend Asia Divers for dive operator. Highly professional team of staff, they are the only operator that's got their private pier. Makes things easier when getting on and off boats.

Actually, it sort of makes things worse. All the other guys bring their bancas up onto shore a little, and most of them have little gangplanks which they extend down to the beach for you to walk up and down on. At Asia Divers, they indeed are the only ones with a pier, but bancas and piers don't really mix well. You can't get the boat up close to the pier due to those outriggers they all have, so you are reduced to clambering on and off over the nose of the boat, which is sticking over the pier slightly. This can get interesting when the wind is up and that banca is bucking like a bronco with that nose going up and down rapidly. We have had some entertaining mounts and dismounts recently, including a performance by yours truly when I almost twisted an ankle. What fun! I must admit though, Asia Divers also has a couple of conventional western style motor launches with twin 115hp outboards, and these can snuggle right up to the pier with no problem, but they seem to reserve these for larger groups and for trips to Verde Island. I have been on one of them a couple of times, but I must admit I kind of prefer the bancas, in spite of the entry/exit situation. And as to water temps, that tropical depression which went by to the north of here during the past several days really cooled things off. I have been getting 76-79 degree F readings most of the time, but this morning I finally got a water temp of 80 degrees F! Whoo Hoo! Woody

Back
Top Bottom