sacto (negro bar ) reports?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

where are you diving? what is the access? sounds nuts! i thought you were talking lower american- are you talking the upper?

where are you diving? what is the access? sounds nuts! i thought you were talking lower american- are you talking the upper?

Yep, upper AR outside Auburn. It's not that bad, my 13 year old daughter does the dive with me, she can't haul her tank down but that's about it. I'll see if I can insert some images and you can think about it.

AR II.JPG

Incredible. The things you learn on this site.

Although I do enjoy the drive to the coast, I need to get wet more often. Also, I have never gotten into the water that far north in the river. It does sound fun.

I would like to put out that if anyone wants to dive the lower section (i.e Negro Bar, Flosom lake or Natoma) please shoot me a PM or e-mail.

I hit the river pretty much every weekend (that I am not in Monterey or Albion) and am always looking for dive buddies during the week.

My wife is usually my dive buddy but she can't dive during the day time on weekdays. I can.

I love Negro Bar (when the water is slow...).

I'm sure I've seen some of you out there before, but don't be afraid to waive me down and jump in the boat. Can't miss me, big guy, little wife and red boat......

I would like to try the upper river sometime....looks like fun.

SW

grassyknoll:
Yep, upper AR outside Auburn. It's not that bad, my 13 year old daughter does the dive with me, she can't haul her tank down but that's about it. I'll see if I can insert some images and you can think about it.

Hey grassyknoll,

How deep does it get there? Just curious. I won't be able to go this weekend, but we will dive again soon buddy! :D

B.

Saturday sounds good to me so far. Is it that much of a pain to climb down? Just curious...I'm not wussing out or anything. :wink:

COWBOY UP BUDDY!! :bananalama:

bolantej:
Saturday sounds good to me so far. Is it that much of a pain to climb down? Just curious...I'm not wussing out or anything. :wink:

/just giving you a hard time! :mooner:

Scuba Wino/Zen Man/jon M/Bolantej,
1-How deep does it get? Deep enough for me to require more than a snorkle and that's good enough for me. Seriously though, it depends on how much water they are releasing, but I can find an easy 15'+ (not going to need to wear a computer).
2-Is it a apin to climb down? Naw, not that bad, I just was rushing and trying to carry everything down in one trip, heck, if all the drunken teent river rats can make it without cracking their skulls, I'm pretty sure we'll have no problem.
3-Natomas and Folsom aren't bad either, but the river is a nice change, you will see trout/bass and some other kinda' cool stuff that you just don't find in the lake, hey it's no Monterey, but its close (geographically speaking).
Also, I'm looking to get a Tahoe trip together in the next couple of weeks if anyone is up for that too.

This started as a Negro Bar report request so I'd like to say:
My buddy and I entered at the boat ramp on Monday. We tried to scooter but we made absolutely no headway against the 2 knot(?) current. We put the scooter away and walked up to the rocky beach just below Rainbow Bridge. We kicked against the current almost to the big rock on the Powerhouse side of the river. We drifted downstream. The viz was 10 ft, the water temp 64. There were no crawdads and we found no valuable treasure. I loved soaring over the rocks. It felt like flying.

As for the upper AR dive, how long of a walk is it between the two bridges? I'm wondering if it's feasible to do the dive with only one car.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom