Safe or unsafe?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have a friend that I took halibut hunting and we agreed to swim about 10 feet away from each other and follow a compass heading. At least 3 times during this dive I looked over to check on him and found myself staring directly at the pointy end of a Riffe. Each time I asked him to point it elsewhere or moved to the other side of him and I would look up and sure enough, it's pointed at me again!! After we got back to shore I really got upset and I haven't dived with him since.

As for handling spearguns on shore, I don't have any pneumatic guns, so that's one less thing to worry about. I know spears can injure on their own whether its in a gun or not, but I do like the fact that I can glance at a banded speargun and know immediately that the shaft is not going to come flying out of it and kill something if the bands are not pulled back. Too bad that's not the case with firearms.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom