Safe Walk to Town

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

splicer

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Is there a safety issue for my wife to be walking to town by herself from SCC in the AM while I'm diving?

Splicer,

I would say she would be perfectly safe. Take a left out of SCC and it is a straight shot on the busiest road in Cozumel. There are sidewalks on both sides. My wife and I walk it frequently and I would be perfectly comfortable with Gina walking to town by herself.

Is there a safety issue for my wife to be walking to town by herself from SCC in the AM while I'm diving?

None at all. It's a short walk on a busy street in one of the safest places I've ever visited. Enjoy!

Your answer is NO. There are not any major safety issues to worry about. Just take the same precautions that are required anywhere else. Keep bags and purses closed, wear comfortable walking shoes and be aware of what is going on around you. In fact, I feel safer walking alone around the town of San Miguel than I do in my own neighborhood.

Sue

Walking around San Miguel is safer than most U.S. cities and towns! Tourism is too important to the local economy.

I am a female and I have walked that route many times alone....I have also stayed back in the "hood" and have walked all over back there as well....I have never felt unsafe...I have also hailed taxis alone on the main street as well as back in the "hood" no problems...she should be fine...

not only is it safe, imo one of the best things about coz is its people. be sure to be on the square sunday eve.

As long as she understands that pedestrians DO NOT HAVE THE RIGHT OF WAY, she's perfectly safe.

Back
Top Bottom