Safety stop with strong surface current

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

of the ten divers that week, i counted 4 instructors, 3 divemasters, 1 rescue diver, 1 aow, and 1 ow. even the ow diver had over 100 dives. no, there was no predive to speak of. the captain said the reef runs this way, stay to the left or right. thats about it. people started peeling off the boat and going everywhere. even had one instructor, current dm go solo each dive which made for two solo divers. most everyone else had a buddy. i was stupid for not having my reel. live and learn. many constructive comments here and i appreciate. i do this for fun and of all the dives we did that week, it was the only dive the captain seemed concerned about. I think his attitude was influenced by the fact we had many multi thousand hour divers onboard and i guess he did not want to tell them they could not go. or something like that. anyway, i did feel peer pressure to go but we were in the san blas islands and this was a once in a lifetime dive. could have cost me my life though. many thanks to all for advice

good diving

dktexas54

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom