Safety with bulls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The most dangerous thing about diving in water where there are sharks, is driving to the beach. Or driving to the airport to fly to your dive destination. People are really bad at assessing risk. Big teeth are scary. Drivers in cars are far more dangerous. I get a thrill of fear when a shark comes close, but they don't like the taste of us any more than I like the taste of eggplant. Respect them and exercise caution, but don't let irrational fear rule your choices.

That said, I don't dive in murky water. What's the point? I dive to see the corals and the pretty fishes. Can't see them if the water's all muck.

snorkeling with Bullsharks... That is CRAZY~!

Spearing cobia off Bull Sharks - 4 24 14 - YouTube

[video=youtube_share;AqbEhr8-1rc]http://youtu.be/AqbEhr8-1rc?list=UU1utDku8vJRJYgBZImLyLJQ[/video]

Seriously, they are dangerous sharks. I will get out of the water if I see any in dirty water.

I look at it this way. Of the 2-300 some species of sharks, far less than a dozen are threats to man. The bull is one of those sharks that are agressive. As victoms go...splahers and surface swimmers are prpobably most vulnerable.

Back
Top Bottom