saint lucia vacation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wife and I stayed at La Toc in Feb this year and had a great time. I keep hearing about the skills review requirement, but in one stay at Beaches (T&C) and Sandals, I've never had to do the skills check. Then again, I had dove within a week of the trip and I'm current in cold water (Puget Sound). The down side of La Toc was taking the bus over to the harbor which ate up another couple hours. I'd take a good look at Grand as they depart directly from the resort. At La Toc this year, I wouldn't say the boat was full of noob honeymooners - the week we were there, the boat may have had 12-16 or so, and at least half were an experienced group that met for vacations, and another couple couples were also very experienced as well as an ex-commercial diver. I think for the weeks diving, there may have been only a couple freshly-minted OW divers. We'd have a minimum of 2 or 3 smaller groups which seemed to work out well. I like to get out and do the daily boat dive while the wife enjoys hanging at the pool and reading - we tend to find the resorts very enjoyable overall. Upside with the inclusive rates is you get over sticker shock before hand, then you don't have the bill shock on checkout.

Here's some pics from the diving: http://1drv.ms/1nI7Cpz

We are thinking la toc or grand in March or May. We have not decied yet. We stayed at beaches in TC and I did dive there so I am familiar with there diving. We do appreciate all the information all the pictures are awsom I can't wait to go.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom