Salary for part time (weekend) instructors in California?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sush, Monterey is the best diving on earth and we'd rather that not everybody know about it. Especially if they're moving to "Cali" or "Frisco."

I get $125 a head when teaching here in Ca. That includes classroom, pool, and ocean. Certainly not in this for the money. Wife teaches too. Same cut as me. We both have jobs outside of diving. Fulltime career type work. Diving is a bonus.

Thalassamania:
Sush, Monterey is the best diving on earth and we'd rather that not everybody know about it. Especially if they're moving to "Cali" or "Frisco."

I'm a junior now (not held back, just on the older side!) so hopefully I'll keep my grades up and get in somewhere awesome! I really like Pomona, UCLA, USC, and Berkely at the moment - it will be an awesome change from NYC where I am now! I'm mainly looking to DM or be an instructor to pay for food etc on top of what my parents are willing to shell out and perhaps some good diving :) The parents are willing to pay for Instructor this summer if I'm up to it, so I figured thats a pretty awesome deal... I own my own gear already, so that's not an issue. Again, I'm not looking to DM as a real job in the long run, just as additional income during college (vs. waiting tables etc.). Is it a comparable job in that sense? Not looking for $40K a year lol, maybe $100-200 a weekend just to keep me well fed :) I surf as well, so I think California is going to be a nice fit.

I worked as a DM for a couple years. I got free boat rides, never received any money and even had to pay for one of the trips I worked on.

Try Cal, and don't forget the reasearch diving course, it will change your life.

Thalassamania:
And what's wrong with Berkeley? After all Erlichman, Halderman, Segretti, Colson, Dean, [SIZE=-1]Chapin, [/SIZE][SIZE=-1]Mardian, [/SIZE][SIZE=-1]Magruder [/SIZE]and Crow all went to USC.:no

I'll have to get back to you on this...it is taking a long time to print out Berkeley's alumni list.:wink:

I thought Dean was a liberal "hero"....No?

And what's wrong with Cheryl Crow?!!!!!:wink:

Kstnbike:
Unfortunately, you forgot about the 49ers and the Raiders.

I rest my case....

Actually, I have no room to talk, I am a Rams fan!:(

I'll give you Monterey for diving tho...

Back
Top Bottom