Salvo versus Halcyon: Solved.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
surlynkid:
i asked to try to delineate which crimes people think are serious enough to not support a convicted criminal. obviously, $150K felony theft is a misdemeanor in many TDS members' eyes. i wanted to know at what point the crime would be significant enough to register merit. i think that is a fair question.

It'd be quite a bit different to them if they had leveraged their own $150K on the line rather than Jarrod's money.

Hell, I'd give someone a black eye for taking $20 out of my wallet, I couldn't imagine how enraged I'd be over 150 large. And don't even get my wife started. :D

surlynkid:
the motors was something he used to brag about years ago. it was well known in the right circles

Scott,
While I appreciate much of the information that you have produced on this and other boards, I find this comment quite disconcerting. What is the "right circles" and who all was in this "circle"? It sounds like it may not have been the "right" circle if discussions of this nature were taking place.

Panos,
Great to see you post. I wish that it could be about something other than personal attack/defense. Maybe, if you are so inclined, you could add some valuable dive information in the future. Some of us would really appreciate your seasoned and educated perspective.

On the topic of Halcyon and Salvo, I, as a cave diver and recreational diver, could give 2 poop biscuits about this dealing. It seems to be rants against Halcyon, JJ, or Barry with no real substance. I have bashed Halcyon about some things (like the superhero H webbing), but I just purchased a new Eclipse for rec stuff. They make great wings. The lights are ridiculously expensive, but folks buy them. The lemmings tarnish the issue at times, but the bottom line is this: Halcyon is a business that manufactures diving gear. You, as a consumer, can either buy the gear or not. Bill Gates had (has) some brutal tactics, but his business is very successful. Halcyon is a business. Salvo is a business. Barry stole from Halcyon. End of story.
Breaking this discussion into personal battles of folks that most posters could not pick out of a lineup is ludicrous. Quit typing and go diving. It's a lot more fun and you could actually LEARN something.

Cheers and safe diving,
Jamie Rumph

H2Andy:
now, if you are talking about the company engaging in illegal activities, such as, for example, violating child labor laws, that's an entirely
different issue
Hey now, no crazy talk. That kind of crafty business practice keeps prices down. :)

BTW, Bob, I'd dive with you. I already get advice from you, at least indirectly. You seem like a pretty stand-up guy, so I hope that the fact that we disagree on this issue is not taken personally.

Chris

Divesherpa:
It sounds like it may not have been the "right" circle if discussions of this nature were taking place.

quite possibly a true statement. let's call it knowledgable circles.

H2Andy:
now, if you are talking about the company engaging in illegal activities,
such as, for example, violating child labor laws, that's an entirely
different issue

his company engaged in illegal activities. i think you are choosing to be moral and ethical where it fits you and your wallet. if you found out barry was using 10 year olds to run the lathes, you'd go spend the extra money for somebody else's light? what if he was just violating wage and hour laws. you are drawing an arbitrary line which only suits your needs. as my cave instructor always used to tell me when i screwed up my dive "excuses only serve the people that tell them".

hey, dude, doesn't bother me the guy stole some money

he said he was wrong, he's doing time

i'm quite happy to move on.

you, on the other hand.... seem most eager to dwell on it

surlynkid:
his company engaged in illegal activities. i think you are choosing to be moral and ethical where it fits you and your wallet. if you found out barry was using 10 year olds to run the lathes, you'd go spend the extra money for somebody else's light? what if he was just violating wage and hour laws. you are drawing an arbitrary line which only suits your needs. as my cave instructor always used to tell me when i screwed up my dive "excuses only serve the people that tell them".

Dude, you are extrapolating to an absurd point.

oh yes...i am a felonious feline owner

H2Andy:
oh yes...i am a felonious feline owner
What.....you stole your cat! :11: Shame on you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom