Salvo vs Halcyon Light

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I had to send my new 10W light back to Halcyon. It took nearly 18 months to get it back. Each time I contacted them, I heard nothing but,"We're backlogged". I have heard nothing but good things about Salvo's customer service. My next light will be from Barry.

MaxBottomtime:
I had to send my new 10W light back to Halcyon. It took nearly 18 months to get it back. Each time I contacted them, I heard nothing but,"We're backlogged". I have heard nothing but good things about Salvo's customer service. My next light will be from Barry.

But, is their customer service going to be ok while he isn't available? I am sure his product and customer service was good enough and will be good after his coming back though. I am a little bit worried to get his light at this moment as a potential buyer.:06: Any comments?

hoosier:
But, is their customer service going to be ok while he isn't available? I am sure his product and customer service was good enough and will be good after his coming back though. I am a little bit worried to get his light at this moment as a potential buyer.:06: Any comments?
I guess it remains to be seen ... but based on my conversation with Duane last week (and the fact that my recent order shipped on the same day I ordered it), I'd say they are still making quality customer service a priority.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

hoosier:

All kidding aside, I believe Barry's sentence is about a year. I'd imagine he's prepared contigencies (e.g., Duane) while he's gone. If his business model can't survive his absence for that short a time, then he's got other problems.

Besides, with good behaviour he'll be out in no time ... if Martha can do it, so can Barry.

NWGratefulDiver:
I guess it remains to be seen ... but based on my conversation with Duane last week (and the fact that my recent order shipped on the same day I ordered it), I'd say they are still making quality customer service a priority.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

I would agree completely. A few days ago, Duane called since my first (bad) light head arrived back at Salvo. He spent a good ten minutes talking to me about the issues they had with that particular style of light head and he wanted to make sure my light was performing to my expectations. I had no choice but to say yes, since Barry had shipped me a new light head and lid (about $400 in parts) before I sent the bad one back...and I didn't miss a day of diving with my light.

Duane might be a little swamped, but he's dedicated to keeping up the Salvo product and customer service reputation in my opinion.

I had the pleasure of talking to Dwain in the shop for about 15-20 minutes two weeks ago. I'm confident that the service will stay as good as it has been. After that visit, I was sold on Salvo.

MaxBottomtime:

Can anybody recall if Halcyon was providing comparatively good services before?
This is a question, not implication, I just want to know how it was like before, was it better or was it worse. Is it because of the internal policy changing (management), under staff, or because of this particular product...

I think price, services and reliability of the product are all very important for any brand.

Thanks for your all inputs. It really helps me to make decision on the canister light.
My option is only either Halcyon or Salvo.

I didn't know that Barry has a workmate, Duane.....So, how about Duane?
He is also a good expert on the light. He isn't picky on the customer service?

Based on my experience with Halcyon customer service, it has been very good. They were very informative and responsive to my newbie inquiries (It looks like they know the business how to handle the new customers. You know, how to meet the new customer's need is another key factor for the succssful business). So, that is the reason why I got many "H" dive gears including four BP/W. But, I was occationally told some complaints about their warranty and customer services. The canister light is the most service demanded item as I observed...

Back
Top Bottom