San Diego diving 5/27 or 5/28?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey guys,

sorry I'm so late in replying, computer access has been limited since I got here. I'll plan on getting down to the shores as quick as I can in the morning, but my guess is I'm thinking really optimistically to plan before 8:30 at the earliest. Hopefully you can still make it. PM sent to Sean and Terry with my phone #... I'll be the red-bearded guy in the little white Tercel that says Whitehawk on the side of it...

Jim

Well, despite missing diving with Sean and Terry, I did get a dive in today out at LaJolla Cove. Nice dive spot! Surface swim out was long, but smooth. I dove with some others who had never dove the cove before either, so we swam a little over half way to the buoy and attempted a short first leg, square pattern to end up coming up close(r) to shore. Somehow we got 90 degrees off on our square and surfaced when it started getting shallower, but turned out to be about the same distance from beach as the buoy (or a little more) but about a hundred feet or so towards the cliffs from the buoy. Oh well, a long swim back in, but a good dive. 20+ viz, a seal played with us for a while (that's a first for me), and the usual suspects (to you all) beyond that.

JimD

Sorry we missed you Jim but glad you got a chance to get out and dive.

Terry

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom