Sangalaki info

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gavin

Registered
Reaction score
Am currentlt bumming round Borneo and have heard great things about Sangalaki but:

Is there only one place to stay? Looks a bit pricey to me!
Is it really full of honeymooners?
(assuming yes to the above) Are there any (affordable) liveaboard options?

Please lemme know what you think.

Gav

Gavin,

We went last year. Had a great time. Only one resort on the island. Didn't see any honeymooners in the 8 days we were there. The coral is the most pristine I have ever seen. Manta rays are unbelieveable. You can probably negotiate a "walk-in" rate that is cheaper than if you make reservations in advance. While we were there we had several back packers arrive by native fishing boat and they negotiated a price for several days after arriving unannounced on the island. Of course this only works if they have "room at the inn".

Try using the seach button on this site and searching for Sangalaki and you will find quite a few hits.

Rickg

Cheers Rick

Will go. Am off to Sipadan tomorrow, so will probably just rock up to Sangalaki next week and see what happens.

Looking forward to Mantas either in Sip or Sang!!!

Also went there last year, diving was very good, snorkled with 30 mantas before one of our dives.

At that time the resort manager was an american guy, and supported by cheif DM (actually an instructor) from UK, both very good and everything ran smoothly

Both have now left, the rumour was that the cheif DM would be Japanese. what its like now i dont know.

It was couply when i was there, well there was the two of us and for a few days no one else then a japanese couple arrived. so be prepared to provide your own entertainment. either watching DVD's or walking around looking for turtles laying

Back
Top Bottom