Saranggani Dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Axua:
That Abyss is kinda eerie. I dove there and it was almost dusk when we got there so when I saw that hole pop out of nowhere on a beatiful sloping wall, my heart did jump a little despite Paul telling me about it.

i cant quite imagine there is a whole along the slope that leads to the unknown?

Well the dive starts out on a sloping wall on your right.. then you hit a boulder and because you are looking at the wall you don't notice that the ground beneath is actually gone already.. at least thats how I remember it

Paul - please correct me if I remember it wrong

Axua:
Well the dive starts out on a sloping wall on your right.. then you hit a boulder and because you are looking at the wall you don't notice that the ground beneath is actually gone already.. at least thats how I remember it

Paul - please correct me if I remember it wrong

i love sea topography like that. im very interested.

I did not go down in, but swam over it a few times, looks like definetly a place to explore more! Bring your lights

partridge:
Yup, the abyss looks more eerie than it is. Like Axua says, you are just drifting at about 25 - 40 feet and boom the floor is gone. Dark blue all below you. It has a better effect passing over it than going down it.

has anyone actually been down there? im quite curious to know how deep that is:)

Well if you follow the wall all the way down the charts say the bay is 6000 feet deep. I have a friend with a nice fishing boat and we took a reading about 50 feet from the wall and got 600 feet. Had some spearos here before who used to go to 280 regularly. Its deep. Should be good for tech diving. We dont have any wrecks because if they are there they just disappear.

True story. A friend of mine was asked to dive a recent sunken ship. He found it at 80 feet. A year later he went to 240 and still could not see it. Nothing stays shallow here.

partridge:
Well if you follow the wall all the way down the charts say the bay is 6000 feet deep. I have a friend with a nice fishing boat and we took a reading about 50 feet from the wall and got 600 feet. Had some spearos here before who used to go to 280 regularly. Its deep. Should be good for tech diving. We dont have any wrecks because if they are there they just disappear.

True story. A friend of mine was asked to dive a recent sunken ship. He found it at 80 feet. A year later he went to 240 and still could not see it. Nothing stays shallow here.

awesome. i hope i get the oppurtunity to dive there. most of my diving is in batangas.

what are spearos? spearfishers? how do they regularly go to 280? tech? trimix?

interesting about the location though... and i'm really intrigued by the abyss... if i'm ever at the area i'll be sure to ring you up paul!

Jag

Back
Top Bottom