SAS equipment

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hi. Who can say something about equipment produced by SAS corporation. I'd be grateful to receive any comments from colleagues who have ever used it, specifically about RS01-j regulator.

This equipment is marketed in Moscow as hi-end stuff, and pretty expensive, but I've never heared about it from my instructors.

Thanks

I think its from Japan. I'm working at a resort dive shop that was run by a Japanese guy until recently and there are a few SAS BC's he left behind, I'll look at them tomorrow and confirm its Japanese.

Drew

Thanks happybuddha. Yeah, it's from Japan. May be somebody around you has opinion about their equipment. I'm particularly interested in their regulators, specifically RS01-j one. it costs about $650 in Moscow and I don't want to buy garbage paying such amount.

Sergei

I'm going into the shop tonight so I will ask about these regulators - but that sounds like a mighty price to pay....

I would look at European makes like scubapro, apeks & mares. Even Poseidan are nearer to Moscow....

Most of the people I dive with in Japan use scubapro or apeks. You see the occasional mares and sherwood.

Jonathan

are you sure that number is right? I checked the SAS catologue last night and they all started NX something.....

Apparently they are also starting to rebadge some Dacor and Atomic regs.

If it is a genuine SAS reg then the comments I got from my instructor were less than complementary. A friend of his an SAS technician says they are OK to about 20m but really would not take them lower. Another comment was they were "cute" - I don't think that was a complement.

I think they go down well out here because they are cute (you can even get a camoflage print one) and they are small - well the reg is, the console is ridiculous IMHO.

They are well overpriced out here - you can get scubapro and apeks cheaper and they are imports.

My advice would be not to buy - high price does not necessarily mean top end.

Hope that helps
Jonathan

Thank you Jonathan for your exshaustive reply. As per information I received in the shop these regulators (they offered two models - RS01-j and RS01-i) are produced by REYSONA, which is a part of SAS corporation.

Thank you for your help once again
Sergei

My wife is using SAS stuff and she is not impressed. Wouldn't buy from them again. But perhaps she was unlucky. I would like Jonathan says go for a Euro brand. BTW, can they service/repair SAS in Moscow?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom