Satellite VS Cable...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JackSpearo

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have an HDTV and I was sooo pumped for the super bowl on CBS...

I have cable....The day of the super bowl, my CBS HD channel didn't work. The cable company said that it was a network problem (yet all my friends had it who didn't live in my city, both on sat. and cable) I had to watch it on regular CBS

I graduated from UNC...So last night I was so pumped to watch the game in ESPN HD...however, when the game came on, the screen went gray...I called the cable company, which was closed, but I left a message...I called again a time later (by this time I was really really really mad) and they had a new message saying the game would be on channel 4 (which it wasn't)...

and my regular ESPN switched to ESPNU, which it has never done this before...

today I called and cancelled my cable, and I signed up for satellite...

I have always had satellite before, and I think I can see a huge difference between non hd channels in satellite and cable....cable seems sooo grainy...

anyone else have any experiences between the two?

the satellite company said they will have 150 more HD channels available this year!

hopefully I'll be able to watch my Tar Heels play next time...

Jack

Jack;

I have Dish Satellite.

I switched to satellite from cable several years ago. I had problems with the picture (before high def). Numerous problems with cable being out, and the repair service taking forever to get signal back. I live in South Florida so hurricanes are a big issue. After even small storms, cable goes out and can take a month or more to be repaired.

Satellite has gotten better over the years. Used to be that you would lose your signal during any thunderstorm. Now that rarely happens. Even when it does, your signal comes back within minutes. During Hurricane Wilma, I had a tv signal until I lost power which was half way thru the storm. After the storm passed, I had a signal as soon as I hooked up a generator and reestablished power. Neighbors with cable had to wait two months to get cable back.

I take satellite over cable hands down IMHO.

TOM

I have had the opposite experience - when we had satellite we had frequent signal issues (largely due to weather). Our digital cable service, on the other hand, has been as consistent and reliable as the sun.

That said, both were regular def, not HD, no idea what our cable companies HD service is like...

Bryan

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom