Saturday at Laguna or Crystal cove!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pasley:
Crystal Cove is a high tide low wave only dive. The long walk out through the shallow water is bad enough then but a low tide it is just murder. Saturday AM high tide is o'dark thirty and low tide is at 11:43 Am so it you are going to dive there it should be very early in the AM like 0600-0700 am. So if the waves cooperate lets firm up a time. Deadmans is a good second dive.
16 April 2005
34.0083° N, 118.5000° W

2005-04-16 02:59 PDT 3.95 feet High Tide
2005-04-16 06:21 PDT Sunrise
2005-04-16 07:38 PDT First Quarter
2005-04-16 11:43 PDT 0.50 feet Low Tide
2005-04-16 19:26 PDT Sunset
2005-04-16 19:38 PDT 3.55 feet High Tide
2005-04-16 23:46 PDT 3.08 feet Low Tide
2005-04-17 04:50 PDT 3.93 feet High Tide

Thanks for the tip Melvin,
I have never actually done crystal cove, I just thought it might be a nice change to get away from the weekend shaw's crowd.

I would be OK with going there first, and then deadmans, but I dont know about parking etc. Is it by the snack bar?

Or maybe its just best to do deadmans, then crescent or somewhere else in laguna.
What does everyone think?

John

meterman:
Where Deadmans At? I Dove Shaws Is It Near There? How Deep Do You Guys Go Out There? I Dont Mind The Long Swim..
Deadmans is on the outside of N Crescent Bay, next to shaws. Deepest there is about 60-65ft.

John

I really dont care where we go (although I am strongly pushing for deadmans :wink: ).... It sounds like crystal cove might be difficult to get a good dive in, so why dont we just meet at crescent and hit up deadmans... then depending on the surf, why dont we look at possibly diving a little south around like divers cove (im not sure if thats the exact one)... It is just on the north end of main beach... there is a big rock kind of like seal rock that looks like it has some nice crevaces to swim through.... Course I saw it from the resteraunt above though... If not we can dive south crescent into shaws if it looks ok...

Brian,

We would be more than happy to have a newer diver with us... most of us are fairly new ourselves and welcome new company.... Kicking out to deadmans isnt THAT bad, but its a nice workout....

Stryker:
I really dont care where we go (although I am strongly pushing for deadmans :wink: ).... It sounds like crystal cove might be difficult to get a good dive in, so why dont we just meet at crescent and hit up deadmans... then depending on the surf, why dont we look at possibly diving a little south around like divers cove (im not sure if thats the exact one)... It is just on the north end of main beach... there is a big rock kind of like seal rock that looks like it has some nice crevaces to swim through.... Course I saw it from the resteraunt above though... If not we can dive south crescent into shaws if it looks ok...

Brian,

We would be more than happy to have a newer diver with us... most of us are fairly new ourselves and welcome new company.... Kicking out to deadmans isnt THAT bad, but its a nice workout....

Cool, that works for me.....aaron, kara...what say you?

John

I might join you guys on Saturday, and get a dive or two in before I head off to Bonaire on Sunday night.

Though I might suggest that if you're going to do Diver's Cove, earlier is better for parking. Especially if you want to get the few free spots. Otherwise you'll have to feed the parking meters. Also, I think it's better at high tide (around 4am on Saturday). Less chance of getting stranded in the shallow part, which can sneak up on you. Not a really well defined reef structure. Also, as I recall, it's easier to dive the grotto at higher tide.

You might want to consider Diver's first, then head over to Crescent when the early shift of divers are finishing up and freeing up some parking spots.

Laguna Sea Sports is still talking about only 6-10 ft. viz and a red tide this morning.

SNOBORDJON:
Cool, that works for me.....aaron, kara...what say you?

John
I thought you were making all the decisons for me. :wink:

My vote:

1st Dive: Dead Man's
2nd Dive: Diver's / Fisherman's

8 AM is a good arrival time, but I am flexable.

-Aaron

abrown203:
I thought you were making all the decisons for me. :wink:

My vote:

1st Dive: Dead Man's
2nd Dive: Diver's / Fisherman's

8 AM is a good arrival time, but I am flexable.

-Aaron
Hopefully the the vis wont be as bad at deadmans, and the red tide has just been random, from what I've been hearing. So Im thinking its not going to play into it.

Lets compromise..we'll meet at 7:30 for the deadmans dive at crescent. Then decide who does and does not want to do the second dive and where. Fair enough?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom