Save A Dive Kit - ideas and experience?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

In addition to those items on the earlier list my kit also includes;
spare standard LP inflator hose
spare Oceanic Delta IV LP swivel hose
spare 2nd stage (Sherwood Sidekick inline)
spare mask
spare snorkel
spare computer transmitter
spare BC knife
spare storm whistle

I can tell that this group does not fly much!!!!! :wink:

A case in point:

In addition to those items on the earlier list my kit also includes;
spare standard LP inflator hose
spare Oceanic Delta IV LP swivel hose
spare 2nd stage (Sherwood Sidekick inline)
spare mask
spare snorkel
spare computer transmitter
spare BC knife
spare storm whistle
I guess if my save-a-dive kit went into the back of a truck I'd bring all of that stuff, but I usually fly. I haven't even used my first dive knife yet, so I don't bring a spare. I also rarely use my snorkel, have never used my storm whistle, and consider my computer transmitter totally optional.

This thread inspired me to clean, sort, re-stock my Sav-a-Dive kit. Here is what is stuffed in my small drybox:

mask strap
fin strap & buckles
zipties
silicone grease
silicone spray
mouth piece
octo-holder
defog drops
chem. Light sticks
dive multi-tools
o-rings in all sizes
dental picks
port plugs
Din to Yoke adapter (in the reg bag)
bungee cord
spare hair bands & barrettes
spare MiFlex LP hose w/ extra QR attachment (when not in use for drysuit )
Zipper wax & Talc
nail clipper & nail file
tweezers (ask my pal Matt about falling butt first on seaurchins)
Afrin nasal spray & Dramamine

I also carry a small First aid kit and 1-2 spare masks.

And on local diving or with students, a spare regulator.

And every item has come in handy at least once or been added due to a need in the past year.

Papabear, with the exception of the spare reg & masks, my list fits in an 8x5 drybox in my suitcase and flies with my scuba gear...2lbs total. Worth salvaging a dive for me or my dive bud.
I believe you, but I have a drybox the same size that would weigh 2 pounds if I threw just the dive multitools (plural!) and din-to-yoke adapter into it. I now wrap the specific allen wrenches that fit my gear--I think there are 4--a small adjustable wrench, and a few of the other items on on your list like o-rings, a port plug, and silicon grease, and I wrap them in a soft DiveRite mask bag to save weight and bulk. Bringing a spare mask means leaving the spare mask strap.

Last edited:
Hotpuppy,

Put the tools/supplies in your kit that you know how to use . Then find a way to make it as compact as possible. If you are going on a group trip, try to coordinate save a dive kits. Not much point in everyone packing everything needed to rebuild a 1st and 2nd stage reg.

That being said, I always travel with a complete parts kit for me and my wife's regulators.

BTW, if you can still find it, Lowes used to carry rolls of duct tape that were 1'x20'. 3' of that roll are with me on all trips.

Hotpuppy,

BTW, if you can still find it, Lowes used to carry rolls of duct tape that were 1'x20'. 3' of that roll are with me on all trips.

Do you mean 1 inch by 20 feet?
You bring 3 feet of that tape?
Do you roll it up on some type of support?

Thank you

No, it is one foot (1') wide with a backing.

Back
Top Bottom