saying good bye.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
I never thought it would happen but I have finally come to the end of my relationship with my scuba pro jet fins.they have served me well since the days i first started diving but the fact is they have been replaced.The fins I found to replace my jet fins are sherwood Kinesis though they seem stiff at the touch they are not under water and give some great power. if you get a chance check them out.

nope no hinges.....dont believe in fins like that. test drove the omegas for a while. but thats it.
Welcome to Sherwood Scuba!
but I did have a scuba pro jet fin crack. the good news about that is scuba pro replaced it for free with a new pair. these fins are lighter and just plain do it all better.

I've seen those before and they did look really nice. Have you ever tried the OMS Slipstream? Same propulsion effectiveness as they Jets, but made of monoprene vs rubber so they are much lighter in and out of the water.

Peace,
Greg

Those Sherwoods look like the Mars Volo Pro. I tried the Mars one before but didn't care for them. The OMS slipstream looks exactly like SP jets.

The OMS slipstream looks exactly like SP jets

Not exactly like; the footpocket is different (more ergonomic)

The origin of both designs, and other similar ones, is Beuchat Jetfins

yeah but the sherwoods fin is a bit stiffer. and the vents (as I call them) are further up the fin which really gives them some push.i have seen the oms and I hate copy cats even though they are lighter.

and yes that is the best scubaboard post ever !!!!!!

...but I did have a scuba pro jet fin crack. the good news about that is scuba pro replaced it for free with a new pair. these fins are lighter and just plain do it all better.

I had the same thing happen - split straight across my fin (left to right)at the thickest point of the ribbing too. Scuba Pro replaced mine, it just took 6 months.

Glad you like your new fins -

Aloha, Tim

they are taking some getting used to as they are much lighter. but they do have the power I look for in a fin and i guess I got lucky with my replacement as the shop i went thru had a good rep

I notice a big difference in trim between my Slipstreams (Wetsuit fins), Jets, and Hollis F1s. I really don't like diving in doubles and/or my drysuit with the slipstreams due to perceived foot-lightness, using Jets or the F1s with a wetsuit/single tank leaves my thighs with some slight burn after an hour-long shore dive.

I have a question about the Sherwoods: how well do they handle fine control finning (ie slight turn, helicopter turn, stopping or backing up?)

Peace,
Greg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom