Scared to death of encountering a shark while diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Courtney - woman to woman, #1 fear limits you, please please get over it so you can enjoy some of the best diving in the world. The sharks are really not interested in us.

I haven't been cage diving but have seen hundreds of sharks, even a great white. I saw him in the Bahamas. All of my diving in S. California, even as far out as San Miguel and San Nicholas, I've never seen a large shark. Yes 2' sand sharks but no more. They were more afraid of us than any of us were of it.

You pushed through the fear to breathe under water, that should show you have the fortitude.

You will find out that mostly sharks are very shy and bubbles scare them away. After a while you will like them and they become part of your dive regularly. Just do it, don't be scared. It is some kind of privilege to be close to such fascinating animals. Enjoy it. Beware of coconuts, there are more dangerous :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom