Scariest Air Fill of my Life!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It seems that I run into the new tank monkey problem just about every year at the end of June – you know when High School gets out.

I just usually take some time and explain how a manifold works and how to fill them having seen two whips on a set more then a few times.

It may help the new monkey that I most likely will be in with 2 or 3 sets of doubles that have can have a DIN w isolator, or a Yoke w Isolator, or a set of 72's from the 70's with the old non-isolator Sherwood manifold, so that they get a cross section of manifold types in one go.

But I always tell every person filling my 72's that they are 2250 psi tanks. I have had more then a few 300-3300 psi fills on them in the past. No problem, just more gas for that dive. But I don't like to make a practice of it.

One of my friends just got a 3900psi air fill in al Al80 from the same place. Makes me worry just a bit. You know I won't be taking ANY of my stuff there until this gets worked out.

You sure he worked there? Maybe he just stayed at a Holiday Inn Express! (Or perhaps he was just ghost riding the whip)

:rofl3:...ghost riding the whip. Thanks for making me laugh this early in the morning.

Back
Top Bottom