Screwed Ordering Dry Suit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dan's Dive Shop once bubbled...
Dan's was not given a chance to rectify the problem. The customer called Friday afternoon, April 11 after I had left town for Guelph. Staff relayed the problem to Bare who were to call us Monday April 14 after checking their options. I learned about it April 12, Bare is closed Saturdays.

Unknown to us, Joe called Bare directly on April 11, got into and argument with them and then started shooting his keyboard off about all involved in helping him make his mistake.
While sympathetic, I must reiterate he was told by myself and my staff on several occassions that custom would be the better way to go. But that's only his word against two.
By the time I determined that we indeed could alter the suit, he had made arrangements to go local - which I think is ok. The cost with shipping & time frame will work better and still be less than custom. The suit - again - was NOT A CUSTOM measure. but an altered stock. Custom suits would've had a measuring form for the buyer to fillout and send back. We suggest the buyer go to a tailor to get measured up properly for all custom suits.

I did tell him the gloves & rings were the same as DC, from the same supplier, but we have our own source for them. They are one and the same glove and ring set.

Out of the dozens of suits we've sold accross North America this is the one and only problem we've encountered. And we are sorry it had to come to this.

Dan
President
Dan's Dive Shop Inc.

First off let me say this when I ordered my suit my glove cjoices were a) Bare's twist ring gloves, or b) DIVING CONCEPTS snap on gloves. Not some bootleg knock off version of the DC gloves. I was given a price of $160 US for DC golves and I got charged $160 for some knock off model. I don't care if they're supposedly made at the same factory or whatever kind oh BS Dan in tryign say. I PAYED FOR DC GLOVES....

As far as my phone call to Bare, when I spoke to the manager there he told me upon calling Dans' he was told by a Dan employee that a custom suit was was suggested to me. So after hearing that LINE OF BS there was no way I was sending my suit back to Dan's for any reason whatsoever.

As far as the hood that I PAYED for it is now April 16, 2003 and I STILL HAVEN'T RECIEVED THIS HOOD FORM DAN"S.

The hood was supposedly sent out on April 7th. How was it sent by Pony Express? Maybe that would explaing why after 9 days it's still not here. And one more thing Dan's gave me a bogus Canadian tracking number for the hood. It's untrackable. So in essence I had to pay for my opwn alteration for my suit and the beat me out of a hood.

Great business ethics if you ask me.

Pony Express! LOL! I am laughing SO hard dude! LOL LOL...

Nothin' like a mad New Yorka, huh Taat2d?

ScoobieDooo once bubbled...
Pony Express! LOL! I am laughing SO hard dude! LOL LOL...

Nothin' like a mad New Yorka, huh Taat2d?

DUDE!!!! I thought you'd like that one. But I mean come on already 9 days??? PLEASE

taat2d once bubbled...

DUDE!!!! I thought you'd like that one. But I mean come on already 9 days??? PLEASE

I'll stay out of the drysuit and fit issue, but with the current border issues (I know a couple of people who've been kept waiting by US Customs & Immigration for over 3 hours for no apparent reason), it could be sitting on someones desk waiting to be cleared.
I've have parcels take that long and more via Canada Post/USPS

Groundhog246 once bubbled...

I'll stay out of the drysuit and fit issue, but with the current border issues (I know a couple of people who've been kept waiting by US Customs & Immigration for over 3 hours for no apparent reason), it could be sitting on someones desk waiting to be cleared.
I've have parcels take that long and more via Canada Post/USPS

I understand the wohle customs thing. But when I payed for shipping ot only took 4 days. Now all of a sudden when the cash comes of their pocket it's been a total of 9 days so far. Seems a lil fishy if you ask me.

taat2d once bubbled...

I understand the wohle customs thing. But when I payed for shipping ot only took 4 days. Now all of a sudden when the cash comes of their pocket it's been a total of 9 days so far. Seems a lil fishy if you ask me.
You obviously don't understand the whole customs thing or you'd realize that some packages get stopped and checked thoroughly, and some don't. If the hood has been stopped, and the first package wasn't there's nothing anyone could have done.

Darryl

dvleemin once bubbled...

You obviously don't understand the whole customs thing or you'd realize that some packages get stopped and checked thoroughly, and some don't. If the hood has been stopped, and the first package wasn't there's nothing anyone could have done.

Darryl

What do you mean if the first package wasn't there? Dan's being shipped to me? And being the first package shipped? Are you saying that the package could be at the bottom of a large pile with packages ahead of mine?

Darryl

I agree the customer is not always right.

However, picking a side in this case is wrong. It was Dans Responsibility to inform Joey of the suit sizes and options and give there opinion on what he should fit into. It sounds like from here its a CF, so i blame both of them for not working out the details. Dan says he did go over it, well if he did i would think this Thread would not exist. So the CF in comunication is both of there faults, hence they pay half the drysuitrepair.com bill each.

Thats fare!

Andy

Its what $200 split between them. I would think Dans would have balls to cough up half. ITS $100 DOLLARS each for crying out loud. All this BS for a $100 bucks, i think dans should step up to the plate, its just good customer service.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom